Bundesliga 2023/2024

Bavarian Football Works summary. Pretty much what I just said:

1714837398514.png

Leverkusen up to 48 straight now without a loss.
:what:

What are you talking about? It was beautiful. :)
Stuttgart imo the second best team in Bundesliga. Should have beaten Leverkusen. Leverkusen in 59 years of UEFA Club Football has tied Benfica for longest unbeaten streak ever.

Another take: Germany is going do well in the Euros. In 2014 when they won the World Cup, that was 1 year after Bayern faced Dortmund in UCL. A lot of Germans (not including those on Bayern Munich) are in form right now.

Been watching Bundesliga 2. Holstein Kiel and St. Pauli hold the top two spots. 5 and 4 points ahead of Dusseldorf with 2 games left. 1 win for either gets automatic promotion to Bundesliga. Neither has ever made it. St. Pauli I know plays 2 of 3 worst teams in Bundesliga 2. Hard to believe they won't make it.

After that beatdown by Vini Jr yesterday, Kimmich looks like he is going to be moving to Barcelona. Even he is faciliting it. Next season right back. Josip Stanisic. Left back Theo Hernandez (has agreed to a move to Bayern), but not Phonsie. If, and a big if, Phonsie stays, I would use him on the left wing. You saw yesterday why. Move Coman and Gnabry. Those 2 now occupy an entire MASH unit. Musiala likes the left too, but I am having doubts too with him. If I am Bayern, I do whatever it takes to land Wirtz. sell Musiala and beef up the center back position by moving UpaKimMinFuckOff to whoever!!

FYI: Did you seen Kane got hurt yesterday, that is why he was substitued. Musiala sits down hurt, then Kane, then Pavs (during this the ref did not stop the game and Real either), and then came Neuer howler. I was sitting at TV thinking someone take a yellow. With 2 minutes to go. Take a fucking yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop the game until Pavs could get up. A whole sequence of bullshiterry (is that a word) there.

Any idea who is taking over at Bayern?

St. Pauli and Holstein Kiel promoted. I thought St. Pauli had never been promoted, but I think Kiel never promoted.

Got myself a St. Pauli skull and cross bones t-shirt a few months ago. Had to have one.

Last edited:
Bayern appears to playing a make shift lineup to end the season. Kane, Musiala, Gnabry, Sane all injured versus Real Madrid. Season could be over for them. Gnabry for sure. He is out of the Euros. Lineup today upfront versus Wolfsburg? Chopo, Tel, Zaragoza (or Davies), Muller. Just need to finish second to play in Super Cup next season. Stuttgart did their part yesterday to stay alive for that. Super Cup next season may be Kane's only chance for a trophy.

1 game left and Leverkusen should be the first team ever to go undefeated in the Bundesliga since only Augsburg left. Quite an accomplishment.