Dark Side of the Ring

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
I don't think there is a thread dedicated to this series. If you were a fan of A&E's documentaries, Dark Side of the Ring is phenomenal. I can't wait for more of season 3 to get released, as there seems to be a ton of exciting topics they cover. Hope they do a Scott Hall, Jake The Snake, X-Pac, Undertaker episode, amongst others, including a positive one with DDP, but if you're a wrestling fan this is a must watch series.

I don't think there is a thread dedicated to this series. If you were a fan of A&E's documentaries, Dark Side of the Ring is phenomenal. I can't wait for more of season 3 to get released, as there seems to be a ton of exciting topics they cover. Hope they do a Scott Hall, Jake The Snake, X-Pac, Undertaker episode, amongst others, including a positive one with DDP, but if you're a wrestling fan this is a must watch series.

They kinda/sorta did Jake when they talked about his father, Grizzly Smith. It's a VERY tough episode to watch. Grizzly was a piece of shit.

They kinda/sorta did Jake when they talked about his father, Grizzly Smith. It's a VERY tough episode to watch. Grizzly was a piece of shit.
Hmm what season is this? Some of them are very tough to watch, I won't ever watch Benoit's.

Apparently this series got canceled? That is a giant shame. Dark Side of the Ring was the best thing going on about pro-wrestling today.

Apparently this series got canceled? That is a giant shame. Dark Side of the Ring was the best thing going on about pro-wrestling today.

They're moving on to this, which should be pretty good

They're moving on to this, which should be pretty good

Maybe, but The Rock still has ties and connections to the WWE, therefore I dont know how much of that is going to be sugar coated. What I liked about VICE Dark Side of the Ring was the guys they interviewed and who worked it no longer worked for the WWE so they could tell the true story.

RVD hinting maybe a 5th season.

I thought the Chris and Tammy episode is very fitting of the show title.

Some episodes were about dark people (like Grizzly Adams) or dark moments in wrestling (like killing of Bruiser Brody), but that wasn't a common occurrence.

Chris getting into drugs due to injuries and Tammy because she was thrown into a rock n roll lifestyle is nothing new in wrestling, and it is a dark side of wrestling.

Tweets deleted, what was he referring to?
This was an episode of Wrasslin' School/Practice. A newbie climbed up to the rafters(25 feet?) and he was going to body slam another wrestler laying on a table. The dude jumped and missed everything except the concrete slab. He definitely has some broken bones.

Just watched the two part one about Chris Benoit. Pretty sad.