Updated Bracketology 2.26.24

I don't care for Wisconsin getting a 5 seed. I hate those 5-12 matchups.
I still hate that A-hole Lumberjack looking Fuck from 2016

Edit**NVM we weren't a 5 seed that year we were a 3 :facepalm:

All right @ericD

Iowa has done enough to officially get me hopeful

Tell me what is gong to take

My thoughts

Beat Illinois Saturday
Then get 1 more Q1 win in Indy

Assuming they don't get the double bye that leaves them at 21-13 with 5 or 6 Q1 wins ( depending on where Minnesota finishes )

Thoughts?

All right @ericD

My thoughts

Beat Illinois Saturday

Assuming they don't get the double bye that leaves them at 21-13 with 5 or 6 Q1 wins ( depending on where Minnesota finishes )

Thoughts?

8-11 in Q1/Q2 with a Q3 loss, I think at the moment wouldn't be good enough. Historically 3 games under .500 in the first two quads isn't good enough to get selected. Throw in the Q2 loss even less likely. Although, Miss St got in with a record of 3 games under .500 in Q1/Q2 last year, but they were the last team selected.

I think getting to 21 wins would be enough. That would mean either beating Illinois and then, most likely some combination of NW, Nebraska, Wisconsin in the Qtrs. Or lose to Illinois, but make the BTT final. Also, not be overlooked is the win against Seton Hall. H2H typically hasn't mattered when comparing teams for the couple last spots, but it does help to have beaten them decisively. I'd have SH in as of now, so combined with all your other wins you'd currently have 5 wins against the field. Do one of the scenarios above and it gets you to 7. The OOC SOS is okay(won't hurt, won't help), and if the above scenario plays out, your predictive and results based metrics should avg out to top 45, which would be really hard to leave out.

21 IMO gets you in. 20 MIGHT be able to depending upon what else happens. As of now there are two "bid thieves" in Richmond and USF in many of the projected brackets. So if those schools don't win their tournaments, two more spots are opened up, but only if FAU and Dayton win those tournaments. I'd put the potential bid thievery at 1.5.

All right @ericD

My thoughts

Beat Illinois Saturday

Thoughts?

Iowa owns the head-to-head over Nebraska, so if Iowa beats Illinois and Nebraska shits the bed against Rutgers (tonight) or @ Michigan (next Sunday) then Iowa will finish ahead of Nebraska in the Big 10 standings.

The #3 thru #8 seeds are still very much open.

Big 10 Standings and Remaining Schedules

1) Purdue (15-3): @ Illinois, Wisconsin
2) Illinois (13-5): Purdue, @ Iowa
3) N'Western (11-7): @ Mich St, Minnesota
4) Nebraska (10-8): Rutgers, @ Michigan
5) Wisconsin (10-8): Rutgers, @ Purdue
6) Iowa (10-9): Illinois
7) Minnesota (9-9): Indiana, @ Northwestern
8) Michigan St (9-9): Northwestern, @ Indiana
9) Indiana (8-10): @ Minnesota, Michigan St
10) Penn St (8-11): Maryland
11) Rutgers (7-10): @ Nebraska, @ Wisconsin, Ohio St
12) Ohio St (8-11): @ Rutgers
13) Maryland (7-12): @ Penn St
14) Michigan (3-16): Nebraska

Correction... Ohio St moved ahead of Penn St and Rutgers with their win over Michigan today.

Big 10 Standings and Remaining Schedules

1) Purdue (15-3): @ Illinois, Wisconsin
2) Illinois (13-5): Purdue, @ Iowa
3) N'Western (11-7): @ Mich St, Minnesota
4) Nebraska (10-8): Rutgers, @ Michigan
5) Wisconsin (10-8): Rutgers, @ Purdue
6) Iowa (10-9): Illinois
7) Minnesota (9-9): Indiana, @ Northwestern
8) Michigan St (9-9): Northwestern, @ Indiana
9) Indiana (8-10): @ Minnesota, Michigan St
10) Ohio St (8-11): @ Rutgers
11) Penn St (8-11): Maryland
12) Rutgers (7-10): @ Nebraska, @ Wisconsin, Ohio St
13) Maryland (7-12): @ Penn St
14) Michigan (3-16): Nebraska

The top 3 #1 seeds are pretty much set in stone I'd say, and Tennessee is in a very good position to get the 4th.

The top 3 #1 seeds are pretty much set in stone I'd say, and Tennessee is in a very good position to get the 4th.

Yeah, Purdue, Houston and Uconn could all lose out and still be comfortably on the 1 line.

Welp, it's safe to say Pacific aren't gonna make the tournament. Losing 58-9 at halftime. No, the 9 is not a typo