Your Top 10 TV Shows of all time (non-comedy)

No order…

Star Trek (as a whole, but if I have to treat each individually, I will choose DS9 as it’s representative)
Dexter
Game of Thrones
Lost
Shield
Star Wars (Mandalorian as the representative)
MCU (Netflix specifically, and Daredevil as it’s representative)
Buffy (Angel included)
NCIS (Only DC, the franchise outside of that isn’t very good)
BCS (BB was amazing as well, but following my personal 1 per franchise rule, BCS is the representative)

Honorable Mention

Walking Dead (first 3 seasons)
Band of Brothers (GREATEST piece of cinema, ever. I include it only as HM because I don’t think it qualifies for this topic, exactly)
Firefly (an HM only because it was not allowed to mature)
BSG (new one, not the original)
Tour of Duty
Blue Bloods

Edit: forgot Dr Who. Drop NCIS to HM and add Dr Who to the top 10.

Last edited:
Game of Thrones
Deadwood
Justified
The Wire
The Shield
NYPD Blue
Star Trek TNG
Highlander
Breaking Bad
Just did a full rewatch a few years back. It didn’t age perfectly, but it actually aged better than I expected going in. This is an IP I hope they reboot (with Duncan, not Connor). Doing this in today’s streaming world, with larger archs could be very good. I don’t think the concept converts that well to movies, though. These are people who liver for hundreds, even thousands of years. Build on that longevity through a TV series, not a short movie.

Just did a full rewatch a few years back. It didn’t age perfectly, but it actually aged better than I expected going in. This is an IP I hope they reboot (with Duncan, not Connor). Doing this in today’s streaming world, with larger archs could be very good. I don’t think the concept converts that well to movies, though. These are people who liver for hundreds, even thousands of years. Build on that longevity through a TV series, not a short movie.
I thought the series took off with his relationship as mentor to Richie. There were some clunker episodes to be sure, but some darn good ones as well

I just discovered The Beverly Hillbillies on Prime. I've seen them all but the pilot many times.

Watched the first 2 episodes, one of which was the pilot..

Genuinely funny as fuck.

And Donna Douglas! Forget Barbara Eden.

And nowhere do I see All In The Family. Much laughs but mega drama too, and topical.

I thought the series took off with his relationship as mentor to Richie. There were some clunker episodes to be sure, but some darn good ones as well
They started the show super clunky, and it was amplified by the relationship with Richie. The pilot movie had him stealing from Duncan and him getting arrested. Connor hinted at him being immortal, but I am not certain that was even intentional, because they never did any hinting at it again until he died for the first time. And in the next episode, he was already out of jail and full buddy-buddy with Duncan and Tessa, no explanation. But it was a different time for tv shows. Especially syndicated shows.