1964 Internet Prediction

Donald Davies laid out packet switching within a year of that video.

But didn’t get the funding to move forward.

Boy does that sound all the more like the last year. I’ve not stepped in an office in 15 months. They are opening up in Sept but you only go in once a week. To top that, my new role is technically based in Atlanta.

I’m in perpetual suburb these days. Thanks communication.

It's not really an outlandish prediction. DoD had been working on the ComLogNet, later renamed AUTODIN, network since the 50's, and the Rand Corporation was working on packet distribution for DoD in the early 60s.

Boy does that sound all the more like the last year. I’ve not stepped in an office in 15 months. They are opening up in Sept but you only go in once a week. To top that, my new role is technically based in Atlanta.

I’m in perpetual suburb these days. Thanks communication.
Ewww...... Fuck

I'm thinking about all those huge office buildings in the largest cities going without tenants and not producing income for the people/banks/hedge funds/institutions that hold the debts on those buildings...

I'm thinking about all those huge office buildings in the largest cities going without tenants and not producing income for the people/banks/hedge funds/institutions that hold the debts on those buildings...
Give it three years. Time for all the white folks to move out to the burbs, then they'll bomb the shit out of the cities, collect insurance and start over. Hell, I'm partially convinced the lockdowns and draconian rules the last year and a half were more of a real estate acquisition plan, than it was any sort of pandemic response.