2021 NFL Salary Cap thread

fordman84

Administrator
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 95,570.00
Been thinking about starting this thread for a few days, but more and more news stories are starting to come out about teams and their cap space next year. Gonna use this as a place to point out smart and stupid moves, or moves that might be made now to prepare for next years cap decrease.

Latest estimate is the cap will be about $180-$190M. I know we are seeing the NFL asked for $170M cap, but that won't happen and is a bargaining point. 2020 cap was $198M so a $10M drop is probably most likely.

This one just made me laugh. So many stupid assumptions in there, like the author forgetting the ability to restructure contracts exists. I especially like the part where Dallas would trade Cooper to the Colts for a 2nd rounder and the Colts would have then "screwed Dallas out of Dak and Cooper". :L

I think both the NFL and NBA will hold serve or just slightly reduce the cap until they see the long term effects of it all into 2022.

If it gets real ugly we could see a lockout.

Baseball will be a dumpster fire

Baseball will be a dumpster fire
Baseball has no cap though, and no floor. We already had seen a lot of FA's not get what they thought they were worth so MLB has been right sizing their contracts.

Baseball has no cap though, and no floor. We already had seen a lot of FA's not get what they thought they were worth so MLB has been right sizing their contracts.

Agreed it should be the easiest to handle but their CBA is up first and their union/owner relationship is the worst.

Not trying to derail just figured a compare/contrast

I think the NFL will wade through this pretty well unscathed

Agreed it should be the easiest to handle but their CBA is up first and their union/owner relationship is the worst.

Not trying to derail just figured a compare/contrast

I think the NFL will wade through this pretty well unscathed
Yeah I think they will get an agreement on an amount, the issue will be the teams like the Saints and Eagles who are already over the proposed cap with just current contracts.

Yeah I think they will get an agreement on an amount, the issue will be the teams like the Saints and Eagles who are already over the proposed cap with just current contracts.

A luxury tax of sorts perhaps or they have to cut salary. The latter seems most likely

A luxury tax of sorts perhaps or they have to cut salary. The latter seems most likely
Hadn't thought of that, wonder if the NFL will give a one time exception for the lower salary cap?

Either way, I'm sure the NFL will find a way to punish Dallas.