2021 NHL Draft

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 235,553.00
As a Wild fan I can say that I am very happy with their first round picks. If nothing else it makes it less likely they trade for Eichel. Even without the neck issue i'm not sure the Wild should trade for him. The cap hit after this year for releasing Suter & Parise is going to make it difficult to have his contract on the books. Also, I don't want to trade Fiala or Rossi!

Guerin did a great job! Wallstedt should be a quality Goalie in a few years!

How did you like your teams first round??

1627097295882.png

1627097320101.png

I'm pissed at Don Sweeney. The Bruins farm system is already chock full of speedy, undersized Euro players that aren't rugged enough to make a meaningful contribution at the NHL level and he wasted the 21st pick on another one :L

I missed it and worked today, I don't even know how it went for Vegas, but we need a 1st line center pretty bad... I was kind of hoping they would wiggle something around and pick up Eichel. lol

You…don’t want Eichel? What what?

I missed it and worked today, I don't even know how it went for Vegas, but we need a 1st line center pretty bad... I was kind of hoping they would wiggle something around and pick up Eichel. lol
If you want Eichel, you've got to pay him. $10 million / yr for at least 5 years. A 30-goal/yr guy ain't cheap.

If you want Eichel, you've got to pay him. $10 million / yr for at least 5 years. A 30-goal/yr guy ain't cheap.
Well if we got rid of Stephenson, we would have like 7 or 7.5 in cap... he could live off that lol. He should be begging to get out of Buffalo. I watched a guy do a youtube video of Sabre players before and after playing for Buffalo, for whatever reason, players are better when they are not there.

Hard not to feel like you had a good draft when you had 3 first round picks. Built center and D depth over the weekend, so pretty good.

Trading Cam hurts, but I understand it. It is a business. Everyone was expecting Korpi to get traded, but the Matiss death threw a curve.

I'm quite happy with how Yzerman ran the top of the draft and the trades he made prior to it. Adding Leddy and Nedeljkovic for pretty much nothing was slick!

It's never a bad play to secure a potentially elite defenseman and Edvinsson certainly has that potential. In a few years, this Wings team could have the best D-corps in the league. I dam sure would appreciate that after having the unquestionably WORST D-corps in the league a couple years ago.

Then he used his abundance of picks to move up and fill a huge hole in the pipeline - a legit goalie prospect. I will be anxiously awaiting Cossa's arrival, but Nedeljkovic should be able to hold down the pipes quite well until he's ready - and who knows... maybe even become the best goalie tandem in the league. I dam sure would appreciate that after having the unquestionably WORST goalie tandem in the league a couple years ago.

There's still a legit need for a 1C/2C on this team - both immediately and in the pipeline. We'll see what Yzerman has up his sleeve to fill that hole - which he openly admitted is a priority. In Yzerman I Trust.

- Detroit did awesome, imo.

- lol@Habs coming off the top rope with the heel move at the end of round 1.

You…don’t want Eichel? What what?

The neck worries me, once he has the surgery he could be out until February and with the Suter and Parise money really hurting us starting 22-23 we really can't afford Eichel. I still think the play is to trade for Dvorak and have him center the Kaprizov line.