2022 Round Tracker

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
playing my first 18 hole round on Sunday morning

probably playing 9 this afternoon to work out some kinks

nothing new in my bag besides a new Callaway Epic Speed 3W...considering the matching 5W to go with it.

It's still too cold here for golf and none of the courses are open yet.

Most courses around here are open though some are still walking only. I haven't been out yet, but I am going to meet some friends at the driving range Sunday morning for an hour or so and then might cross the street and see if they can squeeze me in for 9 holes.

I'm no fan of golfing in cold weather. I prefer to wait until the temps are in the 60's before I golf again.

played 9 holes on Friday at the local county owned course...basically just working out some bugs and getting some rhythm back in my swing....didn't really keep score for that reason but I had a couple pars, but no bird-jams

played 18 on Sunday...fucking cold out there and windy as hell. Everytime I went to remove a layer of clothing, the sun went behind a big cloud and the wind picked up. Ended up shooting a 90 despite the conditions, which I will take all summer long.

Drives weren't slicing as much once I figured out that I am turning my wrists too much at the top of my backswing and not catching up when I come through the ball. Still a bit of a fade, but I can live with that. Still working out some kinks on my new 3W.

my short game was feeling good though. I have been chipping around the greens really well since mid season last year.

Got a new set this year. Still working out the kinks, but im pretty excited about it. The old set was one off the shelf and I decided to go ahead and do it right with the new stuff. Got fitted during a Callaway special so the fitting was free, and I liked the look of the new Rogue Max more than the Stealth. Custom shaft flex makes a world of difference, I'll say that.

- Callaway Rogue Max Driver, 3Wood, and 4Hybrid.
- Callaway Rogue Max OS 5Iron-GW

Update: my game is still shit

I need to get out and play sometime this week....it's been too long and my golf league starts next Wednesday

Update: my game is still shit
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

pretty soon my kid's game will be better than mine.

week 3 of our golf league last night and shot a 42

only had one "blow up" hole with a double bogey and I missed 2 birdie putts that I JUST missed.

had an eagle putt too...but didn't sink that one either...turned into a 3 putt par...

shot a 45 yesterday in league play....putts were just coming up short and a couple holes where I just couldn't get my shit together.

Driver was working for me though. Feels like I have that figured out right now.