2024 Six Nations Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,713.00
Yeah, I know, it's a soccer forum, but no other place to put rugby, and @Hank Kingsley and I are probably the only ones who care, but let's talk Six Nations.

Match week 3 coming up this weekend.

England v Scotland (Edinburgh)
Ireland v Wales (Dublin)
France v Italy (Lille)

Looks like Ireland are the heavy favorite to win the Six Nations (again), get the Triple Crown (and again), and the Grand Slam (and again).

I saw Ireland play New Zealand in the World Cup last summer. It was the best match I’ve ever seen. And they haven’t got any worse. England looks strong and I think they’ll put up a good fight against Ireland but I don’t see them winning.
And I think the Scots got hosed on that try that was controversial. The ball looked like it got to the ground.

I saw Ireland play New Zealand in the World Cup last summer. It was the best match I’ve ever seen. And they haven’t got any worse. England looks strong and I think they’ll put up a good fight against Ireland but I don’t see them winning.
And I think the Scots got hosed on that try that was controversial. The ball looked like it got to the ground.
Yeah that was BS, the problem was the ref called no try at first and the video didn't show anything to overturn, had he initially called a try, Scotland would've won. Also, France don't look as good without Dupont.

Ireland look really good as usual, you'd have to make them favorites right now against anyone except maybe South Africa, that would be a hell of a match.

England looks good and will probably finish 2nd, but they would need some luck to win it all.

Yeah, I think England gives Ireland the toughest game, but they will come up short.

So I’ve got three games this morning. Wales hung tough but eventually was just outgunned by Ireland. Currently watching Scotland, England. England is up 10 nothing.

And just like that, England shits bed. Scotland played a really good match. That van der Murwe kid had a huge game.

It only took it on the chin, hung in there, got a couple breaks and tied it up. Looked like it was all done and then they got a really late penalty that would’ve won it and hit the upright. Too bad.

I’m watching the rugby sevens right now. Totally different game of course. The New Zealand women just kicked the shit out of France and the men are now playing Argentina in the final. And they’re up 14 nothing before you can say howdy do.

Actually, they missed the converts so it was only 12 nothing, but those were the last points they got, and Argentina won 36 to 12.

And just like that, England shits bed. Scotland played a really good match. That van der Murwe kid had a huge game.
Duhan Van der Murwe is a stud, and can't seem to stop scoring against England.

Ireland look to easily retain their title and Grand Slam, and Triple Crown.

I was watching the France/Italy match, even the announcers said France is a whole different team without Dupont. They really should be bottom right now, gifted a win vs Scotland, and should have lost to Italy. To quote Charles Barkley, let look turrible.

It was funny because later on Sunday as I said I was watching the Sevens from Vancouver and he (Dupont) was key for France. My daughter attended on Saturday, $180 for club seats with private bar and bathroom. She loves rugby.

Poor Italy though, hung in there for the whole match, fending off scores. Finally tie it up, get the penalty break, and proceed to doink it off the post.

This is a great weekend. Got to watch Bayern kick the shit out of Mainz. Three rugby games. And Formula One. I’m loving it. Currently watching Italy Scotland. England, Ireland next.

Two superb matches today. With the icing on the cake being England’s last second win over Ireland. It was great. Just great.

Big upsets yesterday. Didn’t get to see all of Eng v Ire but great match. Watched Ita v Sco. Great win for Italy. The match wasn’t as close as the score showed. Italy better the whole game.

Ireland are your Six Nations Champions!!

Hell of a match. Scotland gave them more than they wanted.

That was a cracker of the game. I just love watching it. The pace makes NFL look slow.

Still boggles my mind on how bad France played and still finished 2nd. Their record makes them look much better than they were.

That was a cracker of the game. I just love watching it. The pace makes NFL look slow.
If you like that pace, you should watch some NRL from Australia, or Aussie Rules Football.

I’ve never been a big fan of Aussie rules. The refs are too quirky, and those short shorts the players wear…

I’ve never been a big fan of Aussie rules. The refs are too quirky, and those short shorts the players wear…
The short shorts and tank tops do remind me of something you'd have seen in the 70's. lol