80's Thread

Goddamnit. I can buy the entire five-season series of Miami Vice on DVD for $29, but I have to pay $20/season to buy it streaming on Amazon.

WTF?

Goddamnit. I can buy the entire five-season series of Miami Vice on DVD for $29, but I have to pay $20/season to buy it streaming on Amazon.

WTF?
Oh! I can watch it free on Tubi.

I didn't know Tubi was free.

Also, fuck you.

I met him. Got his autograph on a few things, including the cover of the Once In A Lifetime boxed set.
Approve South Park GIF

I loved that show and I love that song. Really, that whole Dire Straits album is awesome. One of my favorites.

I didn't remember that the song was in the show because I was probably way to young to be watching Miami Vice (but I did anyway).

I had forgotten about that scene/episode and then when they used the song in the finale "The Americans" a couple of years ago it came back to me. Both scenes are just really, really good TV (of course it doesn't hurt that the song is a good one and a perfect fit).

Decided to learn this song today(very simple). Amp at max volume, gain at 8. Rattling the neighbor's windows a mile away.