A Song of Ice and Fire

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I am thinking I want to reread A Dance with Dragons but I also need to read a Cliffs Notes on what the hell is going on since it's been so long...

but here is some somewhat good news

75% done already? Sounds promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking I want to reread A Dance with Dragons but I also need to read a Cliffs Notes on what the hell is going on since it's been so long...

but here is some somewhat good news

75% means another 3-4 years to wait. And yet, there is supposed to be another book after.

Probably best to just live in the moment and not expect anything. There are other things to read.

75% means another 3-4 years to wait. And yet, there is supposed to be another book after.

Probably best to just live in the moment and not expect anything. There are other things to read.
oh 100%...I ain't sitting here waiting for the next one to come out...I have plenty to read.

GRRM fell into the trap of too many characters and too many story lines. He doesn’t know how to wrap it up and he has done something that flies in the face of his whole initial approach. He’s fallen in love with certain characters and can’t kill them off. He will never finish Winds of Winter.

GRRM fell into the trap of too many characters and too many story lines. He doesn’t know how to wrap it up and he has done something that flies in the face of his whole initial approach. He’s fallen in love with certain characters and can’t kill them off. He will never finish Winds of Winter.
disagree

I said this a long time ago. Didn't he do 2 books with different characters but happened simultaneously? Same thing happened with WOT- Jordan had too many plot lines going at once and kept introducing more people. Ot drug the whole thing out too long.

I said this a long time ago. Didn't he do 2 books with different characters but happened simultaneously? Same thing happened with WOT- Jordan had too many plot lines going at once and kept introducing more people. Ot drug the whole thing out too long.

Yes, Feast of Crows (book 4) and Dance with Dragons (book 5) occurred at the same time, just different characters' perspectives (even though they were published 5-6 years apart).

And completely agree on WOT, only difference is, Jordan kept writing until he croaked, GRRM has gone 12 years since his last book. I'll give him slack for working on the HBO production but he has been teasing the next book for several years. I highly doubt it ever comes out.

I read something several years ago about how Jordan had lost track of his own characters in WOT, it was pretty amusing. He changed the spelling of names, had a few Aes Sedai in the wrong Ajahs and descriptions that didn't line up. He had several hundred named characters, it just got out of control.

There used to be a website much like diddukewin.com that was something like isthewindsofwinteroutyet.com.

I guess it's been so long at this point, they let the domain expire.

LOL

Polish Waiting GIF by Loud Lacquer

Wasting away waiting for Winds of Winter.

Polish Waiting GIF by Loud Lacquer

Wasting away waiting for Winds of Winter.
go read something else...there are some really great fantasy series out there that aren't written by GRR Martin