ACC Basketball

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 32,955.00
talk about the winningest conference in ncaa tournament history here

Deacs finally has a coach that doesn't have some type of personality disorder :yes:

2 commits for Steve Forbes

2 4*'s from the Carolinas

ncaa basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Preseason All-ACC Team
First Team
Name, School, Points

Garrison Brooks, North Carolina, 137
Sam Hauser, Virginia, 89
Scottie Barnes, Florida State, 59
Jalen Johnson, Duke, 52
Aamir Simms, Clemson, 50
Chris Lykes, Miami, 50

Second Team
David Johnson, Louisville, 46
Jose Alvarado, Georgia Tech, 43
M.J. Walker, Florida State, 38
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 37
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 32

Preseason ACC Player of the Year
Name, School, Points

Garrison Brooks, North Carolina, 102
Sam Hauser, Virginia, 24
M.J. Walker, Florida State, 10
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 7
Aamir Simms, Clemson, 5
Matthew Hurt, Duke, 3
Chris Lykes, Miami, 3
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 1

Preseason ACC Freshman of the Year
Name, School, Points

Scottie Barnes, Florida State, 64
Jalen Johnson, Duke, 60
Caleb Love, North Carolina, 9
Day'Ron Sharpe, North Carolina, 6
DJ Steward, Duke, 4
Reece Beekman, Virginia, 3
Jeremy Roach, Duke, 3
RJ Davis, North Carolina, 3
Mark Williams, Duke, 2
Cam Hayes, NC State, 1

Deacs beat Delaware State's alma mater by about 1000 points

Clemson starts out 2-0 and may never lose again. Aamir Sims looked great in game 2 after only playing about 8 total minutes in game 1 due to foul trouble. PJ Hall is a freshman who looks promising.

San Francisco beats Virginia

San Francisco beats Virginia
That team is a little overrated as a preseason #1 seed/Final 4 pick if you look at what they've got.

Bennett commands that respect though. And you could argue, who else should be #4?

It's gonna be a down year for the ACC talent wise, but they sure picked a good year to have it.

That team is a little overrated as a preseason #1 seed/Final 4 pick if you look at what they've got.

Bennett commands that respect though. And you could argue, who else should be #4?

It's gonna be a down year for the ACC talent wise, but they sure picked a good year to have it.

Virginia lost to a San Francisco Dons team that also has lost earlier this week (Wednesday) to a UMass-Lowell team that was a D-II team until 2013-14.

That was robbery.

VA Tech deserves to win this game.

Well maybe not, ref pointed the wrong way, weird ... still deserve to lose.

That was robbery.

VA Tech deserves to win this game.

Well maybe not, ref pointed the wrong way, weird ... still deserve to lose.

Refs were trying to fuck us really hard. Just atrocious officiating. Super glad we beat them and Villanova.

Two years in a row we've beat the #3 team in the country to start the season. Mike Young building something

Refs were trying to fuck us really hard. Just atrocious officiating. Super glad we beat them and Villanova.

Two years in a row we've beat the #3 team in the country to start the season. Mike Young building something

It's a nice team. They're better with out Landers Nolley.

Definitely look like a Sweet 16 type team.

But then again, this year, who knows? Everything is up for grabs.

It's a nice team. They're better with out Landers Nolley.

Definitely look like a Sweet 16 type team.

But then again, this year, who knows? Everything is up for grabs.

I don't know if I'd go that far. We started out well last season too but fell off considerably as the season went on. We do have a lot more depth this year so that should help but the ACC is also a lot stronger from last year

I don't know if I'd go that far. We started out well last season too but fell off considerably as the season went on. We do have a lot more depth this year so that should help but the ACC is also a lot stronger from last year

I'm not sure if it'll end up being all that better from last year. At least aside from VT, who looks to be better. Duke is probably the same, UNC should be better on paper, but they are a question mark. UVA has already taken on a bad loss. I don't think UL will be better given what they've lost as well. There may be more depth if teams at the bottom like BC, Wake, Clemson, ND are better. Both Pitt and GT appear to be awful though.

I'm not sure if it'll end up being all that better from last year. At least aside from VT, who looks to be better. Duke is probably the same, UNC should be better on paper, but they are a question mark. UVA has already taken on a bad loss. I don't think UL will be better given what they've lost as well. There may be more depth if teams at the bottom like BC, Wake, Clemson, ND are better. Both Pitt and GT appear to be awful though.

Florida State is going to be very good. Duke is a bunch of new guys meshing with a few upper classmen. The jury is still out. UNC is four centers and somebody else they have who can pass the ball to them. UVa will be a stingy defense and happenstance scoring. They may be a whole lot better by season's end. NC State could surprise as they have a bunch back and seem to get overlooked, Clemson has it's best recruiting class and a sleeper POY candidate in Simms. GaTech has two very capable guards and several role players. VaTech looked pretty darn good beating Nova. Notre Dame, UofL, Pitt, Boston College, Wake Forest are more of the unknowns.

Not a dominate team in the bunch but deeper than last season IMHO.

Florida State is going to be very good. Duke is a bunch of new guys meshing with a few upper classmen. The jury is still out. UNC is four centers and somebody else they have who can pass the ball to them. UVa will be a stingy defense and happenstance scoring. They may be a whole lot better by season's end. NC State could surprise as they have a bunch back and seem to get overlooked, Clemson has it's best recruiting class and a sleeper POY candidate in Simms. GaTech has two very capable guards and several role players. VaTech looked pretty darn good beating Nova. Notre Dame, UofL, Pitt, Boston College, Wake Forest are more of the unknowns.

Not a dominate team in the bunch but deeper than last season IMHO.

I think FSU will be good, but better than last year's team that was in line to be a 2 seed and lost two lottery guys? Along with a couple other contributors.

I would have thought Ga Tech too until they lost to Georgia State and Mercer.

I do think Clemson will be better. Perhaps Wake because of the coaching change. But are those teams tournament teams? If I had to guess, no.

I think FSU will be good, but better than last year's team that was in line to be a 2 seed and lost two lottery guys? Along with a couple other contributors.

I would have thought Ga Tech too until they lost to Georgia State and Mercer.

I do think Clemson will be better. Perhaps Wake because of the coaching change. But are those teams tournament teams? If I had to guess, no.
this is the worst take of all-time

Clemson will be a #5 seed in the NCAAT

and as far as the Deacs go

well let's just say

the path to the #1 overall seed in the tournament goes through Winston-Salem

gym treadmill GIF

this is the worst take of all-time

Clemson will be a #5 seed in the NCAAT

and as far as the Deacs go

well let's just say

the path to the #1 overall seed in the tournament goes through Winston-Salem

gym treadmill GIF
Did...did you forget who the head coach of Clemson is?

Did...did you forget who the head coach of Clemson is?
yes

he's the great Brad Brownell, who should be made Clemson basketball coach for life, btw

it would probably be done by now, but i bet Dabo fears big game Brad and is using his political power to prevent such a large contract extension

yes

he's the great Brad Brownell, who should be made Clemson basketball coach for life, btw

it would probably be done by now, but i bet Dabo fears big game Brad and is using his political power to prevent such a large contract extension
You shut your whore mouth