Advice on trailering Kubota BX2350

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Esteemed Hoop Brethren,

I have a single axle Big Tex Trailer 5x10 trailer that has a load capacity of ~2,272lbs. I have been using it to haul a Kawasaki Mule for hunting and some other stuff. Just interested to see if any of you trailer experts would think if I could get by OK with using this trailer to haul a Kubota BX2350 with loader and mower? The mower should fit fine width wise as I have already checked that part out. Cheers- :beer2:

Google says that BX2350 weighs in at 1,322 lbs.
Front end loader and mower, I'd throw in another, what, 300 lbs??

1600 lbs total.??

Says that Kawasaki Mule weighs in at around 1,000 lbs.

I guess the determining factor for me is whether you have trailer brakes or not.

Google says that BX2350 weighs in at 1,322 lbs.
Front end loader and mower, I'd throw in another, what, 300 lbs??

1600 lbs total.??

Says that Kawasaki Mule weighs in at around 1,000 lbs.

I guess the determining factor for me is whether you have trailer brakes or not.
No brakes on my trailer. It is a tough call. Luckily borrowing a trailer for pick up tomorrow and then will test load on my trailer once I get it home.

I would check the load rating of the tires too. If you bought it used, the previous owner might have cut corners and bought a cheaper tire with a lower load rating because he wasn't pulling much weight.

@amszete

Unless I was going around the block, I would never get close to the max weight rating.
I'd max it out around 80%, which would put it at around 1600 lbs.

What did you end up doing

Unless I was going around the block, I would never get close to the max weight rating.
I'd max it out around 80%, which would put it at around 1600 lbs.

What did you end up doing
I ended up going with a Big Tex 60-PI trailer. It is dual axle, 14ft. It should last quite a while. Glad I ended up getting it as I can take the ramps off and it can handle the kubota with a bushhog attachment.