Nebraska Cornhuskers After Two Games, Where ya at?

Where ya at?

• 10-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-3

• 8-4

• 7-5

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 6-6

• 5-7

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 4-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3-9

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 0-12

• Other

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Most people figured we'd be 1-1 or 2-0 after two weeks. Now after a 0-2 start and knowing what you now know, what's your record prediction? Has the first two games changed your original prediction?

Most people figured we'd be 1-1 or 2-0 after two weeks. Now after a 0-2 start and knowing what you now know, what's your record prediction? Has the first two games changed your original prediction?

No. I expected to lose those.

I had predicted (4-8) in the CFB forum, and I'm sticking to it.

I'd just posted this in the Satterfield thread.

I expected the 0-2 start.

Rhule's first season at Temple was (2-10) and first season at Baylor was (1-11).

Nebraska's finally home and should beat the two G5's to go (2-2).

N. Illinois. Did beat Boston College in their opener, but lost to Southern Illinois.
Louisiana Tech. Beat FIU and N'western St., but lost to SMU 38-14

These are also possible wins.

@ Illinois. Only beat Toledo by two points and looked like hot garbage in their Kansas loss.
Northwestern is on an interim coach. Lost 7-24 to Rutgers.
Purdue is on a new coach. Lost their opener to Fresno St, but did win @ Virginia Tech.
Michigan St will have an interim coach.
Maryland. Has only beaten Towson and Charlotte thus far and only put up 38 points in each.
@ Wisconsin is on a new coach. Lost by 9 pts @ Washington St.
Iowa has Brian Ferentz. Nebraska beat them in Iowa City last year with an interim coach.

Last edited:
I've always been in the 5-7 or 6-6 category. I still think we can get there, just made it tougher with the shit offense. D should keep us close in games. If we don't turn it over, that will keep us even closer. No one other than Meat chicken scares me on our schedule based on the first few weeks of games.

It's amazing how your tackling improves when you practice tackling.

I said 0-12 so far unfortunately, I am right. Rhule is sticking with Sims as QB. I certainly hope JS can solve his turnover problems very soon or the boo birds with sound off in Memorial Stadium.

I was there at the Auburn @ Nebraska game in 1981. Mark Maur was starting QB and wasn’t exactly doing great as Auburn was up 3-0 and the Huskers were booed off the field at Halftime. Osborne’s team was 1-2 and the fans were not happy. After halftime Turner Gill took over at QB

FWIW Nebraska leads the nation in sacks.

View attachment 107340

And ranked 109th in the country in 3rd down defense. Sacks are good but they don't mean all that much if you're letting teams convert on 3rd down at will.

I've been happy with the defense so far but the 3rd down defense needs to vastly improve.

And ranked 109th in the country in 3rd down defense. Sacks are good but they don't mean all that much if you're letting teams convert on 3rd down at will.

I've been happy with the defense so far but the 3rd down defense needs to vastly improve.
Watching the defense standing like statues in a wide open zone defense sux ass. I really didn’t expect anything good this year but they didn’t have to prove me right.