Altruism - Does it exist?

I wonder if that's more defined as unconditional love than altruism. If you are actively loving her and not just having the feelings of love, that sounds like you're doing SOMEthing to make her life better, which gives you the good feels.

'tis quite a puzzler for me. A lot of times I will do "good deeds" and question myself as to WHY I am doing that. What do I want (now or in the future) in return? Or is it just because I want to feel good about myself for doing something nice... a tick in the "getting into heaven" column, if one believed in that sort of thing?

I've ventured down this road as far as I wish.

One person's definition of the perfect Cinderella... A woman that will suck you and fuck you until midnight and then turn into a pizza and a six-pack of beer.

A scenario occurred to me that might shed some light. Imagine a house on fire. You are walking by and you hear a scream inside. You dash in to save the child. Just then a firetruck pulls up. Another scream us heard. This time a fireman runs in and saves a child. Same acts but since I receive nor expected to receive compensation, I would say my action is altruistic. The fireman's action would not since he received compensation.

Don't they refuse to speak?

dont know idk GIF by Harlem Globetrotters

A scenario occurred to me that might shed some light. Imagine a house on fire. You are walking by and you hear a scream inside. You dash in to save the child. Just then a firetruck pulls up. Another scream us heard. This time a fireman runs in and saves a child. Same acts but since I receive nor expected to receive compensation, I would say my action is altruistic. The fireman's action would not since he received compensation.
It would depend on the danger level ... you could’ve reacted to a fear of coulda/shoulda and a projected awareness of feeling guilt had you not done anything.

Now had the fireman got there first and declared the situation hopeless but you still decided to save the child or attempt to, then yeah, that woulda been altruistic.

I believe that there are human instincts that are not realized. Especially the male instinct of protection. I can’t imagine any father holding his child for the first time would not without hesitation immediately give his life fighting for the kid’s safety.

MG_6310_TheStranglehold2.jpg

1. Is this an altruistic act to save the rest of the herd?

2. Is she in shock at her impending doom?

3. Has her car broken down in a Democratic controlled city?

MG_6310_TheStranglehold2.jpg

1. Is this an altruistic act to save the rest of the herd?

2. Is she in shock at her impending doom?

3. Has her car broken down in a Democratic controlled city?
Is it an impala? Then you know the answer.

It is an impala ... looks a lot like a whitetail deer (I am from Michigan ... everything looks like a whitetail deer). What is the answer?
JFC! Why are you ruining my attempt at being funny?? Impala? Chevrolet? Broken down car?

From Michigan, my ass!

JFC! Why are you ruining my attempt at being funny?? Impala? Chevrolet? Broken down car?

From Michigan, my ass!
In an effort to match you politeness I delete my post :dingdingding:I understand!!! For a short while I had an Impala SS 396 c.i.

Not exactly what I had ... light brown color.

maxresdefault.jpg

In an effort to match you politeness I delete my post :dingdingding:I understand!!! For a short while I had an Impala SS 396 c.i.

Not exactly what I had ... light brown color.

maxresdefault.jpg
So altruistic of you!

One person's definition of the perfect Cinderella... A woman that will suck you and fuck you until midnight and then turn into a pizza and a six-pack of beer.

Dood...never eat a girl after you fuck her! :wtf:

I believe that there are human instincts that are not realized. Especially the male instinct of protection. I can’t imagine any father holding his child for the first time would not without hesitation immediately give his life fighting for the kid’s safety.
Just found this on YouTube ... if these kids were baseballs the videos would be MLB plays of the week ... and these are pretty regular guys:

I don’t think enough is said nowadays of what fatherhood is ...