Anyone do/watch CrossFit?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
Watched the 2020 CrossFit games this week. I swear they keep thinking up crazy events.

Never heard of such a thing.

crossfit GIF

If it was around when I was in college, I likely would've gotten into it, but it became popular around 7-10 years later when I had less time to devote. I've looked at their Workout of the Day and completed many on my own, but family life has me on the treadmill and my own power rack worth of weights at the house.

I have watched some of their competitions and am impressed on the dedication and overall fitness levels for all those involved, knowing full well I would never be featured on those competitions.

However, you also read about the issues were people have pushed themselves too far and ended up in the hospital with rhabdomyolysis. People that didn't know what they were doing and coaches who did know the possibilities of the condition, but didn't inform their clients of the risks of pushing beyond their own body's signals to stop. It comes down to information and risk assessment like everything else, but that condition was apparently well known amongst trainers/gym owners, but rarely divulged to clients....at least from articles I read years ago.

I did it for a summer a few years back. Good workout. Way too expensive

I did it for a summer a few years back. Good workout. Way too expensive
That's my big problem with it. I used to enjoy it and still enjoy watching it, but it is just WAY too expensive.

Reactions: Me
That's my big problem with it. I used to enjoy it and still enjoy watching it, but it is just WAY too expensive.
The gym I was going to was renovating, and was closed for a couple months. They had an agreement with one of the crossfit places to let members go there if they wanted. So, I was going there for $30/months

The gym I was going to was renovating, and was closed for a couple months. They had an agreement with one of the crossfit places to let members go there if they wanted. So, I was going there for $30/months
That's really good. All of the cross fit places I have seen are like 150/month

Well, its normal price was around $85/ month at the time, I think
Still not that bad. I haven't looked too hard around here, but the cheapest one I found was 130/month and that was the price like 2-3 years ago. It has probably gone up since.

But the Crossfit Games are pretty crazy to me. I would venture to say it is more difficult than the Ironman Triathlon. So I find it quite impressive what some of these athletes can do, year in and year out as well.

Still not that bad. I haven't looked too hard around here, but the cheapest one I found was 130/month and that was the price like 2-3 years ago. It has probably gone up since.

But the Crossfit Games are pretty crazy to me. I would venture to say it is more difficult than the Ironman Triathlon. So I find it quite impressive what some of these athletes can do, year in and year out as well.
Looks like maybe it's $119/month for 3x week right now. Can't find any pricing, but did find a Groupon.

But yeah, definitely crazy

First rule of Cross Fit.

Always talk about Cross Fit

Looks like maybe it's $119/month for 3x week right now. Can't find any pricing, but did find a Groupon.

But yeah, definitely crazy

$10/session isn't too crazy. I mean, that's comparable to renting ice time for hockey.