Anyone use Protonmail or any other paid, secure email?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 112.00
Just getting the process started of transitioning from Gmail to Protonmail and at the same time moving domain email off of GSuite at $6.56 per month per email. The Black Friday deal for Protonmail was $40/yr and I'm absolutely delighted with the domain email. State-of-the-art stuff and so much more secure and private.

Anyone else? My goal is ultimately to log out of my Google account on desktop and completely de-Google my iPhone. (I should start a thread and document what I'm doing)

I now have succeeded in de-Googling my iPhone! Here is what I did:

1.) I switched from Gmail to Protonmail (took advantage of the Black Friday deal and pre-paid for a year). I deleted the Gmail app from my iPhone.
2.) I installed the iOS app Lockdown and have everything turned on AND added google.com to the custom blacklist. What this means is that the built-in blockers work effectively against all of Google's services and trackers that don't talk to google.com but Google Earth and (more importantly) Google Maps, which I use a lot, will still work. However, I have google.com blocked in the custom list and so any time I want to use these other apps, I just unblock it.

How effective is Lockdown? It blocked over 5k requests in the first day of use!!!

I am absolutely shocked how easy all of this was compared to what I perceived it'd be, which was, in my mind, a virtually impossible task to de-Google. It's not!

Other things I've done:
1.) Deleted Facebook account and app
2.) Deleted twitter account and app
3.) Deleted Instagram app
4.) Installed Signal and asking friends to move from Whatsapp to it.

So I use Protonmail, and upgraded last year. I also am trying to de-google myself, as the lack of privacy is just beyond absurd.

I have done a good job of transitioning my mail though, but I need to do better of this after all the crap coming out with Google.

Off topic, but do you use a password manager? I have used Kaspersky for years, but want to move everything over as they aren't too compatible with some software and OS that I use.

So I use Protonmail, and upgraded last year. I also am trying to de-google myself, as the lack of privacy is just beyond absurd.

I have done a good job of transitioning my mail though, but I need to do better of this after all the crap coming out with Google.

Off topic, but do you use a password manager? I have used Kaspersky for years, but want to move everything over as they aren't too compatible with some software and OS that I use.
I'm not using a password manager after having had a very frustrating time with LastPass (just wouldn't work for me). I use a really long, complicated, memorized, nonsensical-appearing password for everything and have tried to be diligent about closing and deleting old, unused accounts.

That said, I definitely need to work on this.

Hey @Eco I'm trying to bring some simple, actionable things to posters here to fight Big Tech. Maybe you can help me? I'd like to start posting some threads dedicated to accomplishing one goal at a time.