App Tracking and iPhone

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I'm planning to get an iPhone 11 this weekend. I haven't had one since iPhone 5.

And that ends my lack of contribution to this subject.
I think the last iPhone I had was the 5 as well. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't a huge fan.

all the things I disliked are starting to blur though and they have softened on a lot of their "you must use this app" sort of thing...

Yeah, it's a huge middle finger to Facebook which is great. I guess I'll leave it at that because if anyone is using Facebook and excited about this, they're naive.

Yeah, it's a huge middle finger to Facebook which is great. I guess I'll leave it at that because if anyone is using Facebook and excited about this, they're naive.
I agree, I applaud it.

it feels like Apple is no longer the "we want your data" big bad...that's with Google and FB now

I'm planning to get an iPhone 11 this weekend. I haven't had one since iPhone 5.

And that ends my lack of contribution to this subject.

i have a 6s. ill head to verizon to see what they will give me for it. I think $20, but want to see if they will give me more if i get a 12.

Now - apparently - i can get the 12 mini for the huge prices of $0.00 for 24 months.

i have a 6s. ill head to verizon to see what they will give me for it. I think $20, but want to see if they will give me more if i get a 12.

Now - apparently - i can get the 12 mini for the huge prices of $0.00 for 24 months.
the mini appeals to me...but I'd likely get the 12 Pro, but not the plus

Isn't the mini the size of a 5? Just seems a bit small to me these days

Not only do they give users the choice, but the default is "don't track". Even if Android were to do this, they would hide it so far down a rabbit hole that you are unlikely to find it and then default it to allow tracking. :dhd:

Not only do they give users the choice, but the default is "don't track". Even if Android were to do this, they would hide it so far down a rabbit hole that you are unlikely to find it and then default it to allow tracking. :dhd:
there used to be a time when Apple just never gave you the option or you weren't able to turn it off.

I liked Andoid for the longest time because it gave you more freedom to set your phone up like you wanted and iPhone didn't.

Now I am not so sure Apple is that far off from being acceptable for me

there used to be a time when Apple just never gave you the option or you weren't able to turn it off.

I liked Andoid for the longest time because it gave you more freedom to set your phone up like you wanted and iPhone didn't.

Now I am not so sure Apple is that far off from being acceptable for me
Apples walled garden is a pain, for sure. They restrict what you can and can't do, but that also it what allows it to work so well. There is no collision between software or hardware because it is all tested to make sure it works with supported iOS versions, by apple, before it is allowed in. That sucks for being able to put whatever you want on your phone, but is great when I need it to work and work quickly.

As for privacy, Apple has always been the leader in that. There is no shortage of studies showing how often Android devices are sending information back to the mothership as opposed to Apple.

They gave me a big fat zero for my 6s in December.

With rebates en sech my 12mini was like $350. O’r36 months, I think.

I haven't looked into those deals, aren't you still paying for the phone but as part of your monthly bill for 24 months? I know that was how AT&T was set up when those new plans first came out. They added like $15 to your monthly bill for 24 months, but then you were able to upgrade at 12 months and add yet another monthly amount.

But I also think they now have a plan where you pay like $10-20 a month and then just always have the newest model when it comes out.

Idk much about this because I honestly don't care as much as some..... But I'm pretty sure the new Android 12 that releases in the fall is supposed to flash an icon in the corner with every permission the given app is using at the moment.... And it's let you restrict those permissions if you want to for years.

So if an app is using your location and transferring data then a location and data icon will pop up and you can go to your permissions setting and restrict it.