Archie Manning

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I never understood the love for the guy

he had 21 games with 3 or more interceptions. thats 21 out of 151 games, or 14% of his games.

4 times, he was picked 4 times in a game

who throws 5 picks in a game? well, he did it twice.

his 6 worst NFL games he combined for 10 TD's and 26 picks.

yeah, but he raised 2 sons that won 4 super bowls combined so suck it!!

i met him once while on business in mississippi. super nice guy.

he had 21 games with 3 or more interceptions. thats 21 out of 151 games, or 14% of his games.

well to be fair.
He was playing for the 'Aints!

The Great Steve Young looked like dogshit when he played for the Bucs.
he was 3-16 about a 53% cmp pct. & 11 TDs to 21 INTs

well to be fair.

The Great Steve Young looked like dogshit when he played for the Bucs.
he was 3-16 about a 53% cmp pct. & 11 TDs to 21 INTs
i get that, but steve youngs 6 worst NFL games:

9 TD's
17 picks*

9 fewer than archie

Yeah the bar was much lower back then.

Saints fans were thrilled when they started winning games.

Archie did that.

And passing was high risk, high reward back then.

Only short pass for most teams was the screen.

A Pats fan taking a shot at a Manning. Can't say I saw that happening. :heh:

i get that, but steve youngs 6 worst NFL games:

9 TD's
17 picks*

9 fewer than archie

Hey have you heard about the sticky icky spending here in CO. for the month of July? The state took in more than 226 million in sales just on the recreational side. Fuckin' potheads.

Hey have you heard about the sticky icky spending here in CO. for the month of July? The state took in more than 226 million in sales just on the recreational side. Fuckin' potheads.
And I still can't get any of the Rockies fans to ship me some buds. :p

BwO9s4RCEAA5dG5.png

Pro Football Reference has him 83rd on their alltime list.

It's gonna funny to see peoples reactions when Eli gets in the HOF. He's the definition of average, 117-117 record. But no QB with 100+ wins, 55,000+ yards and 350+ TD's has been left out. Beating Tommy Boy (fuck meeeechegan!) twice in the S.B. and those two S.B. MVP's will get him in.

Cooper was going to be the best of the bunch.
Cooper's son is a sophomore in high school and the highest-rated QB in his class. I'm betting Lane Kiffin is already drooling.

It's gonna funny to see peoples reactions when Eli gets in the HOF. He's the definition of average, 117-117 record. But no QB with 100+ wins, 55,000+ yards and 350+ TD's has been left out. Beating Tommy Boy (fuck meeeechegan!) twice in the S.B. and those two S.B. MVP's will get him in.
and the lowest completion % of any guy in his era (or overlapping) with at least 100 starts. hes barely above ken stabler who was 59.8, and he retired in 84.

lowest by a mile too. if it wasnt for 2018 he'd be at about 59%.

speaking of stabler and "worst 6 games"...he once threw 7...SEVEN...in one game. picked off 5 times in a game, 4 times.

6 worst?

9 TD's/ 31 picks!

and the lowest completion % of any guy in his era (or overlapping) with at least 100 starts. hes barely above ken stabler who was 59.8, and he retired in 84.

lowest by a mile too. if it wasnt for 2018 he'd be at about 59%.

speaking of stabler and "worst 6 games"...he once threw 7...SEVEN...in one game. picked off 5 times in a game, 4 times.

6 worst?

9 TD's/ 31 picks!

Like a said. Eli's the definintion of average. But he's getting in. As far as Stabler. I try not to really compare QB's from different eras. The passing game has evolved so much from when Stable retired and Eli started playing.

Although speaking of players from different eras there are a few I would have enjoyed watching in todays pass-happy league. Johnny U. Dan Fouts. Dan Marino. Warren Moon. Are the first that come to mind. Probably some others I missed.

This. He was a one man team FFS!

That they won any games back then is a huge surprise! Had he ended up elsewhere he would have done so much better.

Like a said. Eli's the definintion of average. But he's getting in. As far as Stabler. I try not to really compare QB's from different eras. The passing game has evolved so much from when Stable retired and Eli started playing.

Although speaking of players from different eras there are a few I would have enjoyed watching in todays pass-happy league. Johnny U. Dan Fouts. Dan Marino. Warren Moon. Are the first that come to mind. Probably some others I missed.

Bill Wade?