At what point do you start living?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 91,200.00
I found this Jack London quote while reading:

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Up to a certain point, it is necessary for a man to live his life in the world in which he finds himself, and to make the best of it. But beyond that point, he must create a world of his own. And the greatest thing about life is that it is always giving us the opportunity to create something new. It is never too late to start over, to make a fresh beginning, to blaze a new trail.
Life is short, and we have but a brief time in which to explore, to learn, to experience, and to create. Let us make the most of that time, and let us burn brightly, like meteors across the night sky, leaving behind us a trail of light and inspiration for those who come after us. ~Jack London

What is your "certain point?

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Up to a certain point, it is necessary for a man to live his life in the world in which he finds himself, and to make the best of it. But beyond that point, he must create a world of his own. And the greatest thing about life is that it is always giving us the opportunity to create something new. It is never too late to start over, to make a fresh beginning, to blaze a new trail.
Life is short, and we have but a brief time in which to explore, to learn, to experience, and to create. Let us make the most of that time, and let us burn brightly, like meteors across the night sky, leaving behind us a trail of light and inspiration for those who come after us. ~Jack London

Love Jack London!

I think the "certain point" for me is knowing that I can only do what I can do, the rest of it is God's hands. This has come after years of feeling frustrated because I wanted to orchestrate things or didn't get why certain things worked out they way they did.

The living part of live is the most important part of life for me. The second I’m technically alive, but no longer living, put me out of my misery.

I don't remember it, but I would say at the moment of conception. I have been evolving, changing and growing since then. There are moments that I just existed, but I try to live this amazing life!!!

We all do. I think that is one of the lessons imparted by the London quote.
I choose to fade away, but it is not necessarily my choice. By choice, I view myself as a warrior. I put honor over preservation, but I hope to survive and continue teaching my Grandchildren and God willing Great-Grandchildren.

Meh... That alcoholic douche

Yeah, life didn't work out too well for Jack London. The guy was a miserable, drug-addicted alcoholic recluse who suffered from about 20 diseases at the time of his early death, including syphilis, dysentery, liver disease, etc.

I'm of the opinion that you can respect the work someone put in during their lifetime, but you should be careful not to lionize the person. People love to extol the wonders of Hemingway's writing, and of the guy's travels around the world, participating in wars, bullfighting, outdoorsman adventures, etc. They tend to leave out the parts where he habitually beat the shit out of his wives and then took his head off with a shotgun.

Yeah, life didn't work out too well for Jack London. The guy was a miserable, drug-addicted alcoholic recluse who suffered from about 20 diseases at the time of his early death, including syphilis, dysentery, liver disease, etc.

I'm of the opinion that you can respect the work someone put in during their lifetime, but you should be careful not to lionize the person. People love to extol the wonders of Hemingway's writing, and of the guy's travels around the world, participating in wars, bullfighting, outdoorsman adventures, etc. They tend to leave out the parts where he habitually beat the shit out of his wives and then took his head off with a shotgun.
Easy enough to separate the man from the myth.

Dont know when I started.

But when I stop, I hope Im just as high off my ass as Jack was.

Rather fall asleep for the last time in the yard than on my porch though.

Easy enough to separate the man from the myth.
Though oddly enough... people often don't. Ima go listen to MJ's "Thriller" now.