Movie Avatar 2: The Way of Water (2022)

I heard a while ago he was planning on doing two more. I thought the first one was pretty boring other than the amazing visuals and use of 3D.

I heard a while ago he was planning on doing two more. I thought the first one was pretty boring other than the amazing visuals and use of 3D.

More than that: Because the original Avatar was such a huge success -- it was then the highest-grossing film of all time -- the studio was willing to greenlight James Cameron's plan of doing 4 sequels, so he is doing 5 total actually. Avatar 2 and 3 were shot back-to-back and have wrapped up filming, being now in postproduction. Avatar 2 was originally scheduled to be released on Friday, December 17, 2021, with James Cameron returning to direct, and most of the main cast is also returning, but then it was delayed by covid a year to Wednesday, December 16, 2022:

You will! Avatar 2 is coming December 16, 2022. :)

More than that: James Cameron is doing 5 total actually. Avatar 2 and 3 were shot back-to-back and have wrapped up filmed, being now in postproduction.
Seems like a big mistake but what do I know.

Four pieces of official concept art for Avatar 2 have been released. Concept art #1/4 (beach):

ENp7lbGUUAAfbU7.jpg:medium

Concept art #2/4 (fishing?):

ENp7lbHVUAESN8v.jpg:medium

Concept art #3/4 (flying):

ENp7lbGUYAISDl2.jpg:medium

Concept art #4/4 (riding):

ENp7lbGUYAEeIvv.jpg:medium

More than that: Because the original Avatar was such a huge success -- it was then the highest-grossing film of all time -- the studio was willing to greenlight James Cameron's plan of doing 4 sequels, so he is doing 5 total actually. Avatar 2 and 3 were shot back-to-back and have wrapped up filming, being now in postproduction. Avatar 2 was originally scheduled to be released on Friday, December 17, 2021, with James Cameron returning to direct, and most of the main cast is also returning, but then it was delayed by covid a year to Wednesday, December 16, 2022:

He's taken so long to pull this off that I lost interest a long time ago. I mean when was the last time you heard anyone even bring Avatar up unless it was on a movie website? Years.

There may not be any theaters left by the time this actually comes out.

From Empire magazine, first official promo image, rising out of the water:

melp869nbq681.jpg

Teaser trailer:

I have no interest whatsoever in this. The first one did 3D better than any other movie and it made it a very interesting movie expierence to see in person. But the actual movie itself was so unoriginal and bland. I do not care at all about the story and where a sequel will take it.

Full trailer:

I have no interest whatsoever in this. The first one did 3D better than any other movie and it made it a very interesting movie expierence to see in person. But the actual movie itself was so unoriginal and bland. I do not care at all about the story and where a sequel will take it.
What about the unobtainium???

New family poster:

otrr3ic26jx91.jpg

Dances With Avatars.

Unimaginative, average, gimmicky.