Backyard Play Areas

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 33,889.00
Before (in the previous owners' yard) and after on a swingset that we had picked up and rehabbed.

img_1_1627771267025_2.jpgIMG_20210731_185015908_HDR.jpg

Also, built a "mud kitchen" out of pallets for my daughter to play with this summer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_191457450.jpg
    IMG_20210731_191457450.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
swing fail GIF
swings fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos
slide fail GIF

Looks like soot around the windows. Or is that mold?
I think it's mold/dirt. If it's soot, that fire either happened more than 12 years ago or happened when we were on vacation and no one told us about it.

That could not have been an easy move.
Actually, moving it wasn't too bad. Took the roof off the house, then realized we could move the whole house on a utility trailer. So we took off the slide, the swing arm, and the ladder/rock wall (not seen, on the back), and were able to use furniture dollies to move it around from there. Got it onto an open trailer, hauled it to our house, and after we'd cleaned and stained it, and more or less started to set up the base, we moved it into the spot we wanted in the yard.

Actually, moving it wasn't too bad. Took the roof off the house, then realized we could move the whole house on a utility trailer. So we took off the slide, the swing arm, and the ladder/rock wall (not seen, on the back), and were able to use furniture dollies to move it around from there. Got it onto an open trailer, hauled it to our house, and after we'd cleaned and stained it, and more or less started to set up the base, we moved it into the spot we wanted in the yard.
I bought a house that had this big wooden play house in the back that we didn’t want. I put a sign out front that said free play house and this guy knocked on my door two days later.

He brought his dad and brother with him and they cut out a section of my fence, took house jacks on the four corners and jacked that thing up, drove a flat bed under it and then fixed my fence where you would never tell it was separated. The only hint it had happened was a bare spot in my yard and some tire tracks I just filled with sand.

Those guys were artist.