Bears trade the pick

Just heard on Sports Center Carolina could trade back to 3rd or 4th if somebody else really wants that #1 pick.

You’re going to hear a lot of dumb shit like this from the know nothing talking heads between now and the draft. Months of them talking about the Bears trading back to 4 w the Colts just makes them look dumb as hell now.

Been thinking about this. With Rodgers about to be traded away to the Jets, I wonder if Chicago wanted to set the tone, instead of having to follow it.

For example of what I mean here — if the Bears just traded what is essentially a rookie QB (no.1 pick) for two firsts, two seconds and a WR1, what do you think the Packers are going to ask for a SB winning future HOF QB from the Jets? You’d think the asking price will now be more than what Chicago got.

But if the roles were reversed — and the Pack got the deal the Bears just got — reason says the Bears would then get less for a rookie QB/1st pick in the draft than the Pack just got for trading away a legend.

So what I’m saying here is the Bears basically beat Green Bay to the punch in terms of dictating the haul they were going to receive.
I like the theory.

But with ARodgs salary, I think GB gets less. Gonna be a lot of NFC North picks early in this draft though.

DJ Moore is the cherry on top, Now Chicago has Mooney, Claypool and Moore who all could compliment each other.
Then with the #9 pick OT Paris Johnson or Peter Shoronski should be a sure fire pick to a serviceable Oline currently.
That gets the Offense squared away and we have the rest of the picks and FA to start building the defense.

friday night lights texas forever GIF

Yep,my bad.......

As much as that would help their offense. Their offense wasn't really the problem last season. 2-6 in games they scored more than 20 points last season

Us Bear fans have been yearning for years to get that essential starting qb,and possibly have found it in JF,Id like to see Poles get him everything he needs to see if we have that player........no excuses then....

JF is not that player,Poles pretty much gets a free pass being he did not draft him.....

Bears trade him,albiet I doubt we get much,and he ends up being a great starting qb next season,Poles looks bad.....

Get him some offense to see what we have........

Us Bear fans have been yearning for years to get that essential starting qb,and possibly have found it in JF,Id like to see Poles get him everything he needs to see if we have that player........no excuses then....

JF is not that player,Poles pretty much gets a free pass being he did not draft him.....

Bears trade him,albiet I doubt we get much,and he ends up being a great starting qb next season,Poles looks bad.....

Get him some offense to see what we have........

I want to see if from a fans standpoint. Fields with a high powered offense around him would be fun to watch

I want to see if from a fans standpoint. Fields with a high powered offense around him would be fun to watch

Id defintley like to see a shootout even if we lost.......atleast we would know they are on the right track.......may as well start right there.

The other thing that's great about Bijan is that there are basically zero questions about the kind of man that he is. If you think of all of the different ways that a draft pick can go really bad it's probably pretty nice to be able to completely cross off all of the "didn't learn the offense", "showed up fat" and "threw a right cross at his girlfriend while she was holding their twins" entries.

Bijan to Bears at 9 rumors heating up. A couple of good tackles might still be there at 9 too. I expect one of them to be gone (NW, GA and tOSU) but maybe all 3.

DJ Moore is the cherry on top, Now Chicago has Mooney, Claypool and Moore who all could compliment each other.
Then with the #9 pick OT Paris Johnson or Peter Shoronski should be a sure fire pick to a serviceable Oline currently.
That gets the Offense squared away and we have the rest of the picks and FA to start building the defense.
I'm not thrilled with the FA OTs. I definitely don't want anything to do with McGlinchey or McGary at the levels they're likely to be paid. I'd be fine with Jawaan Taylor, since he's also better in pass pro, but if I had my way we're going Paris Johnson at 9. He's perfect to team up with Braxton Jones. Give me Ethan Pocic in FA and we're sitting really nice.

You’re going to hear a lot of dumb shit like this from the know nothing talking heads between now and the draft. Months of them talking about the Bears trading back to 4 w the Colts just makes them look dumb as hell now.
I think the Bears are likely to move back up. They could trade the 9th and 61 this year and move back up to around 6 if there is someone they are targeting who might not get to 9. That would be an insanely baller move, to pick up a WR and future 1st/2nd while moving back just a few spots and getting the guy they wanted. Imagine if the Lions/Raiders don't like the remaining QB's on the board and want to drop 2 or 3 spots.

I think the Bears are likely to move back up. They could trade the 9th and 61 this year and move back up to around 6 if there is someone they are targeting who might not get to 9. That would be an insanely baller move, to pick up a WR and future 1st/2nd while moving back just a few spots and getting the guy they wanted. Imagine if the Lions/Raiders don't like the remaining QB's on the board and want to drop 2 or 3 spots.
Seems likely 4 of the 8 picks ahead of them will be QBs, then some kind of mix of Anderson/Carter/Wilson/Gonzalez/Murphy/Paris Johnson. If Anderson slips to 6, I could definitely see them moving up, but that's about it. Wilson, Carter, Murphy, or Paris would all be hugely helpful to them at 9, as would several others.