Best deterrent for moles

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 774.00
My yard has been getting progressively worse with a mole infestation. It’s about half an acre backing up to farmland. I’ve tried putting down grub killer but that hasn’t been effective.

My yard has been getting progressively worse with a mole infestation. It’s about half an acre backing up to farmland. I’ve tried putting down grub killer but that hasn’t been effective.
Prolly voles.

You got visible mounds or just runways in yer grass?

If it's a mole, dig into the tunnel, set a mole trap(hook some bailing wire or something to it leading back out to land, in case it tries to bail into its tunnel after hooked) You don't even need to bait it, just put it in the tunnel and "cover" it back up.

Contrary to popular opinion, I think moles are rather solitary critters, and generally don't frequent other moles' tunnel systems, so after you snagged the fella, leave his ass to rot in the tunnel. It'll keep others from taking it over for their own.

Voles are herbivores, so the grub treatment won't mean much, fwiw.

You got visible mounds or just runways in yer grass?
I actually have both. Mostly it’s runs of raised ground, but occasionally I’ll get a few mounds of dirt . Are the scissor traps effective?

I actually have both. Mostly it’s runs of raised ground, but occasionally I’ll get a few mounds of dirt . Are the scissor traps effective?
I've had good luck with the macabee gopher traps.

iu

Voles are relative harmless, but can fuck a garden up pretty good. The runways usually only show after winter, and disappear after the first mow. They're ostensibly field mice.

Voles are relative harmless, but can fuck a garden up pretty good. The runways usually only show after winter, and disappear after the first mow. They're ostensibly field mice.
The runs in my yard are from early spring into late fall.

Saw this video last week that showed a couple different types of "traps", but the advice of making sure you're getting the main run versus an offshoot tunnel was pretty good.

suspect the mounds could be gophers,
and the traps bear mentioned are good for those -
for the mole runs, these are the traps i use -
20230509_201602.jpg

Moles, gophers, vols, none of them have ever bothered me all that much.
But never had a big problem with them either.