Best Youtube documentaries and videos

Anyone else have Curiosity Stream subscription? It's $20 a year for a shit ton of great science, history, technology, animal, nature, and more, documentaries. I have the 4K version and it's quite stunning.

The future is uncertain and the end is always near.
So cool. A complete vacuum still sees + and - electrons appear and disappear randomly and billions of times per second...just appearing from scant energy. Matter just spontaneously appears in the presence of energy.

How they tie that together with the big bang to describe how the universe didn't disperse evenly is brilliantly simple.

Love that show.

So cool. A complete vacuum still sees + and - electrons appear and disappear randomly and billions of times per second...just appearing from scant energy. Matter just spontaneously appears in the presence of energy.

How they tie that together with the big bang to describe how the universe didn't disperse evenly is brilliantly simple.

Love that show.

I have a book that explores the subject in one of its essays. I forget the name but it was NYT bestseller a few years back. I may look for it tonight and let you know the title.

Hell with it. Went and found it.

Why Does the World Exist? by Jim Holt

I have a book that explores the subject in one of its essays. I forget the name but it was NYT bestseller a few years back. I may look for it tonight and let you know the title.

Hell with it. Went and found it.

Why Does the World Exist? by Jim Holt
TV shows are so much easier with this heavy shit....

Anyone else have Curiosity Stream subscription? It's $20 a year for a shit ton of great science, history, technology, animal, nature, and more, documentaries. I have the 4K version and it's quite stunning.
I've been so tempted. It's well worth it?

Also, any of you guys a fan of Fall of Civilizations on Youtube?

If you’re watching Class Action Park on HBO Max there is a shorter version on Defunctland.
Probably a dozen or so other ones about how bad Traction Park in Vernon NJ

This was the most interesting thing I've seen in a long time. You guys seen it?

If you guys are into this stuff, Lemmino makes some pretty cool vids. Not sure how you would categorize them, I always leaned toward short documentaries maybe paranormal stuff, but whatever you decide.

Never heard of it?

Considering I didn't see anyone reply to your question, and if you haven't already looked into it yourself, Go is a Chinese strategy game based on gaining/surrounding the most territory compared to your opponent. While it seems simple, using only black or white stones placed on a 19 x 19 grid, it is extremely complex. While many people compare something simple to checkers and something complex to chess, you can similarly compare chess (simple) and Go (complex).

Sun Tzu (Art of War) wanted his generals to play Go as much as possible, as it was about gaining territory to choke your opponent, rather than attrition of direct conflict (chess).

While AI has been able to beat the masters in chess for decades now, it's only been recently that AI could challenge masters in Go.

You may have seen the game Go being played in movies like A Beautiful Mind, Tron: Legacy, and Knives Out.

It is certainly not popular in the US and would be difficult to find another player or club in which to play against, unless you live in a large city with an interest in it, or a large population from Chinese origin.