Bird Feeders

Fog

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 17,000.00
I have a bunch of Hummingbird feeders and now I'm looking at getting a couple of other bird feeders.

I don't have any squirrels around but have racoons and cats.

I'm guessing if I hang the feeders high enough, I won't have to worry about critters.

Any suggestions???

8af7d709-e1ea-4918-890e-9176859cadad.__CR182,0,3667,2268_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

I have a bunch of Hummingbird feeders and now I'm looking at getting a couple of other bird feeders.

I don't have any squirrels around but have racoons and cats.

I'm guessing if I hang the feeders high enough, I won't have to worry about critters.

Any suggestions???
Don’t have bird feeders if you have cats.

Unless you put the feeder on a metal pole.

If you have any dogs, they will smell and lick underneath the feeders, constantly.

Seed feeders always start so many damn weeds, I gave up. Only hummingbird feeders.
Yes, if you have your birdfeeders over some type of lawn grass, you’ll have weed issues.

are used to keep my birdfeeder close to my kitchen window.
Since then, I have moved it into the woods with inside of my kitchen window.

I have seen some people designate an area of their yard for bird feeders. They took some concrete pavers and made a circle, fill the circle with Pea gravel and then install their birdfeeder in the middle of the circle on a post. Then it’s just a little weed killer from time to time and the pea gravel to take care of any weeds

Too many Stellar Jays around my area for them to work.

They get on them and bang them around to simply drop seeds out so they can get at the sunflower seeds.

Then the pigeons come for the ground feeding.

Yes, if you have your birdfeeders over some type of lawn grass, you’ll have weed issues.

are used to keep my birdfeeder close to my kitchen window.
Since then, I have moved it into the woods with inside of my kitchen window.

I have seen some people designate an area of their yard for bird feeders. They took some concrete pavers and made a circle, fill the circle with Pea gravel and then install their birdfeeder in the middle of the circle on a post. Then it’s just a little weed killer from time to time and the pea gravel to take care of any weeds
I had one hanging over rock landscape, with double weed barrier, and they grew anyway. I'm not dedicating a special concrete slab to a bird feeder, I guess some would.

Seed feeders always start so many damn weeds, I gave up. Only hummingbird feeders.

I have a 4 count suet feeder just outside my pic window.......Ive never has a problem with weeds.....

Right now now 95% of birds I get are 4 different woodpeckers and some little black-n-white bird I have yet to identify....

Ive got videos of these birds but for some reason will not let me post.......

20210923_130307.jpg
20220118_111705.jpg
20211215_144357.jpg
20211211_145944.jpg

That solved my weed problem
The only thing that ever solves my 'weed problem' is getting more weed!

Your user name reminds of this song. I'm pretty sure that is a very young Sammy Hagar on vocals. This band was semi popular when Kiss was popular and even though I liked some tunes by Kiss, the band Kiss annoyed me a lot.

The only thing that ever solves my 'weed problem' is getting more weed!

Your user name reminds of this song. I'm pretty sure that is a very young Sammy Hagar on vocals. This band was semi popular when Kiss was popular and even though I liked some tunes by Kiss, the band Kiss annoyed me a lot.

Yes sir, you’re so right. That was Jimmy Montrée San Sammy Hagar. That’s a great album too!!