Blackhawks win the no. 1 pick

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 762.00
Draft lottery just ended:

Anaheim 2
Columbus 3

Glad he’s not going to Anaheim, I don’t like what they are doing for a while. Wish he would have landed in the CBus.

My team’s in the playoffs. So… don’t care.

:nutswinger:

Sometimes, there's a GIF, well, it's the GIF for its time and place. It fits right in there.

sexual assault mic GIF

I feel kinda awful now.

Glad he’s not going to Anaheim, I don’t like what they are doing for a while. Wish he would have landed in the CBus.
Of course the Sharks stayed at number #4. They will blow the pick as usual when they have a high pick like this year. All the way back to their first season they have done it when they drafted Fat Balloon at #2.

Of course the Sharks stayed at number #4. They will blow the pick as usual when they have a high pick like this year. All the way back to their first season they have done it when they drafted Fat Balloon at #2.
Sorry man. “Capitals East” is what they used to be called, until the Caps managed to finally win a Cup. In many ways, the good-but-not-good-enough management is worse than just bad management. I can’t tell you how many shitty and squandered picks I’ve seen over the years.

Sorry man. “Capitals East” is what they used to be called, until the Caps managed to finally win a Cup. In many ways, the good-but-not-good-enough management is worse than just bad management. I can’t tell you how many shitty and squandered picks I’ve seen over the years.
The best Sharks players came through trades, not the draft. Very few decent draft picks I can remember. Joe Pavelski probably the best and that is not saying much in 30 years. Patrick Marleau? Playoff cream puff. Anyone remember Jonathan Cheechoo and his 50 goals and then flames out. Classic Sharks draft pick.

The best Sharks players came through trades, not the draft. Very few decent draft picks I can remember. Joe Pavelski probably the best and that is not saying much in 30 years. Patrick Marleau? Playoff cream puff. Anyone remember Jonathan Cheechoo and his 50 goals and then flames out. Classic Sharks draft pick.
Uhhh, Logan Couture? M-E Vlasic? Jeff Friesen? Yeah, I guess you're right- not a ton of dominance from draft picks. Maybe they just need to have an overall #1.

Uhhh, Logan Couture? M-E Vlasic? Jeff Friesen? Yeah, I guess you're right- not a ton of dominance from draft picks. Maybe they just need to have an overall #1.
Couture good, Friesen flamed out pretty quick and then they traded him to New Jersey where he won a Cup but he was just ok. Vlasic good but offensive great players not too many. Remember Milan Mihalik? Neither do I. Steve Bernier? Jeff Jillson? Devin Setoguchi? Mirco Mueller? Andre Nazarov? Ty Wishart? Lukas Kaspar? Nick Petrecki? Mike Morris? Teemu Riihijarvi? All first round busts. A lot at the time when the Sharks were good and if any one these bums had been good maybe they would have gotten over the top.

Yeah, this was worst case scenario for me. Now all the bandwagon Blackhawks fans around here are gonna start slithering back to the surface. 🖕

Throwing Milan Michalek under the bus is weird. He was a solid 200 foot winger that also potted 60ish points for half a decade. He just couldn’t stay healthy because…he was a solid 200 foot winger.

Anybody watching this thing?

Whoever the Sharks pick will be a bust. They will take the KHL guy who has a 3 year KHL deal still and he will rupture his Achilles next season of course.

Whoever the Sharks pick will be a bust. They will take the KHL guy who has a 3 year KHL deal still and he will rupture his Achilles next season of course.

Yeah, I was watching.

I thought Fantilli was a slam dunk at #2. Columbus jerked off in the middle of the arena when the Ducks took Leo Carlsson instead. Carlsson may end up being a good player, but Fantilli is the type of player you win Stanley Cups with. Not sure it can happen in Columbus, but they were gifted a franchise centerpiece.

Columbus was planning on taking Will Smith at 3. Sharks got him instead. Sharks may have gotten their Jack Hughes.

The Wings drafted for need and I think did pretty well. Center and a right shot defenseman were priorities #1 & #2. It'll likely be a couple years before we see them with the winged wheel on their chest. If they both develop well, this team will be built for playoff success. I look forward to seeing what they do today with those three second rounders in a row. Lots of rumors swirling around about possibly using them to trade for a big name on the trade market. We'll see. This draft seems to pretty deep with talent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Yzerman keep the picks and try to snag his Kucherov.

Yeah, I was watching.

I thought Fantilli was a slam dunk at #2. Columbus jerked off in the middle of the arena when the Ducks took Leo Carlsson instead. Carlsson may end up being a good player, but Fantilli is the type of player you win Stanley Cups with. Not sure it can happen in Columbus, but they were gifted a franchise centerpiece.

Columbus was planning on taking Will Smith at 3. Sharks got him instead. Sharks may have gotten their Jack Hughes.

The Wings drafted for need and I think did pretty well. Center and a right shot defenseman were priorities #1 & #2. It'll likely be a couple years before we see them with the winged wheel on their chest. If they both develop well, this team will be built for playoff success. I look forward to seeing what they do today with those three second rounders in a row. Lots of rumors swirling around about possibly using them to trade for a big name on the trade market. We'll see. This draft seems to pretty deep with talent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Yzerman keep the picks and try to snag his Kucherov.
I was surprised by Fantilli slid to the Blue Jackets also. Any mistake Anaheim makes, I am happy. Philly took the Russian. Two years left on his KHL deal and Philly in rebuilding mode too like the Sharks. Good pick for the Sharks so I am happy.