Movie Blue Beetle (2023)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Blue Beetle will be the 14th film of the DC Extended Universe, following The Flash and preceding Aquaman 2: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

The film will star Xolo Mariduena as the Jaime Reyes incarnation of Blue Beetle and be released on Friday, August 18, 2023.

Poster:

3lmbdd86kp3a1.jpg

Patterson’s Batman is rumored to be making a cameo and if so this will be placed in that universe.

Patterson’s Batman is rumored to be making a cameo and if so this will be placed in that universe.

Naw, that's an old, unsubstantiated rumor stemming from Mikey Sutton who also claimed that J. J. Abrams was doing a Superman and Justice League reboot of the DC Universe and that Mephisto was in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Sutton is unreliable and full of shit and just claims stuff for clickbait.

George Lopez, who plays Blue Beetle's uncle in the movie, did say he thought Batman might be in the movie, but Lopez was unsure, and he also never said that it was the Pattinson version of Batman.

Also, there is this statement by James Gunn:

Space Karen said:
Some people are claiming they know who will be the DCU Batman, do you already decided or are they bullshitting?

James Gunn said:
Anyone who says they know anything about anything in the future DCU is bullshitting, because right now that's truly only me and Peter.

hhw2x7ub1v0a1.jpg

Also, James Gunn rebuts this claim by Variety:

Variety said:
A well-placed source tells Variety that James Gunn and Peter Safran are exploring the possibility of incorporating Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson's Batman into their wider DC universe.

James Gunn said:
There are few reporters I love more than @adambvary - truly a good guy - but in this case he needs to get a new source as this is entirely untrue.

Better than making a movie called Blue Waffle!

I just don't see this being worth watching at all.

The character sucked in the comics and this is just an effort to attempt to get diversity into the portfolio.

Final trailer:

Nothing about the trailers have gotten me the least bit excited for this.
Yeah same. I watched the new trailer and just waited for them to shoe horn Carlos Mencia into it. I have a feeling it has every hispanic stereotype in there.

The unwilling "oh poor me I have these powers that I don't want" stuff is fucking lame.

"Blew Beetle" was listed on Miss Buxley's resumé after she left the service :wink:

1689128423387.png

Graduation poster:

dzmyrrzkvjfb1.jpg

Back profile poster:

gjef4mh3blfb1.png

The movie may barely break even when it's all said and done, and they are sending it to IMAX?

Blue Beetle bombing: it opens to $25 mil domestic, less than half of the $55 mil of The Flash, which was already a flop, and even less than Shazam 2's $30 million. By comparison, Marvel's GotG3 and Ant-Man 3 this year both opened over $100 million.

Blue Beetle is the 7th flop in a row for the DCEU. Will the upcoming final DCEU film, Aquaman 2, be the 8th?