Brett Favre in the middle of "the largest public fraud case in the history of the state of Mississippi"

It always sucks when one of your childhood heroes turns out to be a colossal douchebag.

Overview and latest on the case. December 22, 2022

While Favre has not been accused of committing a crime, he has been named in a civil lawsuit brought by the Mississippi state government demanding the welfare money be paid back.

Favre certainly knew he was advocating for the use of federal money provided to the state, because he didn't call it a "volleyball stadium" and instead used the language "wellness center," which qualified the facility for the use of the welfare funds. Texts show Favre claimed the facility would serve underprivileged families by housing office space where people could get services. LOL.

By October 2022, Favre had repaid $1.1 million he accepted for speeches on behalf of Mississippi's health department for which he didn't appear. He has not repaid the $5 million directed toward the arena construction, which is being sought in the civil lawsuit.

Plus, Favre is an investor in and spokesperson for a pharmaceutical company, Prevacus, which claimed it had developed a nasal spray they said could be used to treat concussions, however, the drug was significantly less effective than advertised. In 2019, Favre hosted Mississippi officials at his home, where a Prevacus executive solicited nearly $2 million in welfare funds.

What's the deal with Brett Favre and the Mississippi welfare scandal?

It always sucks when one of your childhood heroes turns out to be a colossal douchebag.
I decided he was overrated when I saw him throw repeated pick after pick because he refused to hang onto the ball when he was being sacked. When I saw him sit down so that Strahan could get the sack record, I said that he didn't deserve to be in the HOF anymore. His refusal to help the organization with the roster at the end, made me really dislike the guy. Rodgers was a bright spot for awhile, and he seems to be heading down the same path of assholery.

I decided he was overrated when I saw him throw repeated pick after pick because he refused to hang onto the ball when he was being sacked. When I saw him sit down so that Strahan could get the sack record, I said that he didn't deserve to be in the HOF anymore. His refusal to help the organization with the roster at the end, made me really dislike the guy. Rodgers was a bright spot for awhile, and he seems to be heading down the same path of assholery.

And it continues: Favre sues Pat McAfee and Shannon Sharpe for defamation:

Sharpe called him a “sleazeball”? OOOoooooohhh! Good luck winning that one.

And it continues: Favre sues Pat McAfee and Shannon Sharpe for defamation:

Sharpe called him a “sleazeball”? OOOoooooohhh! Good luck winning that one.

Pat McAfee has responded:

“I would like to let the New York lawyers that wrote me two letters before this thing announced… First one was “We would like you to go back and erase every single video that has Brett Favre’s name mentioned in it.’ So I looked at that and said, ‘of course we’re not doing that,’ McAfee said.

It didn’t end there though.

McAfee says that he received another letter a few days later that threatened him with an ultimatum. “You have until 8:30pm Wednesday to issue a public apology to Brett Favre,” the letter said. McAfee’s response? He said he went and played pickleball that night instead and couldn’t get around to apologizing.

LOL.

McAfee went on to say that Favre and has lawyers may not have realized that he used the word “ALLEGEDLY” when he was talking about the Favre situation.

And then in the ultimate mic drop, or let’s call it a beer chug moment, McAfee responds by saying “Let’s ride, F***er! I’ll see you in court!”

@HammerDown might I suggest this be your go-to response from now on.

Wasn't a huge fan of McAffe....until today.

Pat McAfee has responded:

“I would like to let the New York lawyers that wrote me two letters before this thing announced… First one was “We would like you to go back and erase every single video that has Brett Favre’s name mentioned in it.’ So I looked at that and said, ‘of course we’re not doing that,’ McAfee said.

It didn’t end there though.

McAfee says that he received another letter a few days later that threatened him with an ultimatum. “You have until 8:30pm Wednesday to issue a public apology to Brett Favre,” the letter said. McAfee’s response? He said he went and played pickleball that night instead and couldn’t get around to apologizing.

LOL.

McAfee went on to say that Favre and has lawyers may not have realized that he used the word “ALLEGEDLY” when he was talking about the Favre situation.

And then in the ultimate mic drop, or let’s call it a beer chug moment, McAfee responds by saying “Let’s ride, F***er! I’ll see you in court!”

@HammerDown might I suggest this be your go-to response from now on.

Wasn't a huge fan of McAffe....until today.
LOL. Agreed. There must be something about being a successful quarterback in GB that turns you into a flaky dickhead. I don't remember Bart Starr ever doing anything like this.

Imagine the sheer ego necessary to believe that you never did anything wrong, because once caught, you quickly paid back most of the money! "Defamation" for calling him a sleazeball? Favre has such a big mountain to climb to prove Sharpe wrong, he'd probably end up paying Sharpe's legal fees.

LOfuckingL @ this quote. “Shamelessly and falsely attacking Favre's good name”. :pound:

Good one, Brett! :laugh:

LOfuckingL @ this quote. “Shamelessly and falsely attacking Favre's good name”. :pound:

Good one, Brett! :laugh:
Hey, you're talking about tarnishing the reputation of a man who once sent dick pics to a woman while he was wearing Crocs. That level of class needs to be protected.