Bruins announce that goalie Tuukka Rask is opting out of the NHL bubble

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 515.00
Rask is a great goalie, but he didn't look like his head was in it. Plus we know his retirement is coming, hope this isn't how he goes out though.

who needs him when you score 4 in the 3rd period to steal game 4 from the Canes?

who needs him when you score 4 in the 3rd period to steal game 4 from the Canes?
I saw that, talk about a melt down. Boston wanted it more in that 3rd period.

I saw that, talk about a melt down. Boston wanted it more in that 3rd period.
They came out playing better in the third and then McAvoy blasted Staal into next week and the Bruins were all of a sudden flying around. That was a great hit and Boston needs lots more of that from Charlie.

They came out playing better in the third and then McAvoy blasted Staal into next week and the Bruins were all of a sudden flying around. That was a great hit and Boston needs lots more of that from Charlie.
Honestly, I don't understand why we haven't seen more of that throughout all of the playoffs. I hate it when I see a team not forechecking, completing checks, etc.. and just letting them skate around with the puck. That hit was perfect, if I remember he basically backskated toward him and then leveled him when he got close... it was great and textbook lol. No chance of charging, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc...

About to watch the Caps/Isles now. Which sucks, because I did that bracket challenge and I had the Caps winning even though I told all of my friends that the Isles would probably take it and I am rooting for them... I just ended up picking the Caps anyway lo; . I need 4 straight wins from the Caps now lol.... it could happen.

I did take the Caps in 7 though lol.

Honestly, I don't understand why we haven't seen more of that throughout all of the playoffs. I hate it when I see a team not forechecking, completing checks, etc.. and just letting them skate around with the puck. That hit was perfect, if I remember he basically backskated toward him and then leveled him when he got close... it was great and textbook lol. No chance of charging, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc...

About to watch the Caps/Isles now. Which sucks, because I did that bracket challenge and I had the Caps winning even though I told all of my friends that the Isles would probably take it and I am rooting for them... I just ended up picking the Caps anyway lo; . I need 4 straight wins from the Caps now lol.... it could happen.

I did take the Caps in 7 though lol.
I'm surprised that the Isles are whipping the Caps ass although I do like it a lot since Boston can't beat Holtby and wouldn't stand much of a chance against Washington.

I'm surprised that the Isles are whipping the Caps ass although I do like it a lot since Boston can't beat Holtby and wouldn't stand much of a chance against Washington.
Think so? Holtby hasn't exactly been great recently. Who did you pick winning the whole thing?

At the time I made my bracket, I took the Flyers, they looked so dominate during the round robin and the East is much tougher than the West... at least I thought, but lucky me, right now VGK looks pretty good.

Think so? Holtby hasn't exactly been great recently. Who did you pick winning the whole thing?

At the time I made my bracket, I took the Flyers, they looked so dominate during the round robin and the East is much tougher than the West... at least I thought, but lucky me, right now VGK looks pretty good.
Washington has given Boston fits for years now and Holtby has pretty much owned the Bruins since he came into the league. I'll be glad to see them out of the way.

This year gets a big fat asterisk no matter who wins it. I can't tell you who I think will win it all because this shutdown and reset has turned the NHL playoffs into more of a crapshoot that it usually is. I don't think Boston has the horses to do it with Pastrnak hurting and Tuukka back in Finland playing with himself.

Washington has given Boston fits for years now and Holtby has pretty much owned the Bruins since he came into the league. I'll be glad to see them out of the way.

This year gets a big fat asterisk no matter who wins it. I can't tell you who I think will win it all because this shutdown and reset has turned the NHL playoffs into more of a crapshoot that it usually is. I don't think Boston has the horses to do it with Pastrnak hurting and Tuukka back in Finland playing with himself.
I understand that momentum is a factor and some teams were hot others cold and the shutdown could have likely messed that up.... but they played all but like 12-14 games. That is practically a full season and they had a round robin and series to lead into the playoffs so you could even argue only 7-11 games remained, so I don't attribute an asterisk to this season at all.

I don't think Boston wins it either. From what I have been seeing, VGK, Isles, Flyers, and Avs have to be the top 4 favorites.

So it's coming out that his daughter's going through a medical condition. Don't blame him at all now.

Gotta love when a Lewiston Maineiac gets handed the reigns too!

I understand that momentum is a factor and some teams were hot others cold and the shutdown could have likely messed that up.... but they played all but like 12-14 games. That is practically a full season and they had a round robin and series to lead into the playoffs so you could even argue only 7-11 games remained, so I don't attribute an asterisk to this season at all.

I don't think Boston wins it either. From what I have been seeing, VGK, Isles, Flyers, and Avs have to be the top 4 favorites.
I'm putting an asterisk on this playoff because of the lengthy interruption of the season and the lack of a real home ice advantage. The last couple games have been pretty good, but the atmosphere/excitement is lacking.

I'm putting an asterisk on this playoff because of the lengthy interruption of the season and the lack of a real home ice advantage. The last couple games have been pretty good, but the atmosphere/excitement is lacking.
I would rather have the fans there, but I don't see the lack of home ice being an issue.... essentially everyone is on the road, so it is still fair.

I would rather have the fans there, but I don't see the lack of home ice being an issue.... essentially everyone is on the road, so it is still fair.
I don't mean it from a fairness point, I mean it from a lack of fan noise/excitement/momentum POV.

I don't mean it from a fairness point, I mean it from a lack of fan noise/excitement/momentum POV.
Well they are funnelling in recorded fan noise, but yeah, it would be better with fans there. All in all, I don't think its bad - still the best playoffs of any sport.

Well they are funnelling in recorded fan noise, but yeah, it would be better with fans there. All in all, I don't think its bad - still the best playoffs of any sport.
Agree with the bold 100%