Camping/RV

Hoopla Nation is a lighting-fast, free discussion forum in the cloud. Our community is:
  • secure
  • private
  • ad-free
  • super fast
  • super light
  • tracking-free
  • mobile responsive
  • built on bleeding-edge software
  • designed for desktop, tablet or mobile
Register to remove this message and access hidden content and features.

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,504.00
Show your rv's, campsites, talk about your adventures.
We don't camp often here at home since I can basically walk out my patio door and see stuff as nice as any campground around here, deer right outside the back yard.
Here's my rv at my Florida spot:

1599338708716.png

Wow, pretty blurry picture. I changed my yearly site to the one left of this just as we were pulling out to come back home. An asshole moved in on the right (French Canadian) and put a shed basically right against my trailer spot in the summer when we weren't there. Had to walk sideways to get all the way around my trailer. He was actually having beer parties under my bedroom slide before we had a discussion about his lack of manners.

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,504.00
Here's a pic of the biggest gator I've seen there, swimming right up the street from my site in the Caloosahatchee River:

20200217_170725 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,504.00
Same site but with my old travel trailer and truckIMG_20170109_113139 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,000.00
We camp all summer. Usually w my wife’s family. Went to 3 different places this year. Fish, kayak, swim, shoot guns, ride dirt bikes etc...my kids love it.

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,504.00
We camp all summer. Usually w my wife’s family. Went to 3 different places this year. Fish, kayak, swim, shoot guns, ride dirt bikes etc...my kids love it.
What I love about where we are, The Glades RV Resort and Marina, is there's a sheriff's gun range open to the public about 2 miles away. Open to the public 3 days a week. Here at home I've got a steel target set up at 150 yards to shoot my ar's, and a couple of steels I put up in my back yard to shoot my pistols.
Golf course on site at The Glades too, that's another reason I chose it.

Hadn't done the kayak deal, seen people do it down there but I'd feel like gator food.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,250.00
Show your rv's, campsites, talk about your adventures.
We don't camp often here at home since I can basically walk out my patio door and see stuff as nice as any campground around here, deer right outside the back yard.
Here's my rv at my Florida spot:

View attachment 2315

Wow, pretty blurry picture. I changed my yearly site to the one left of this just as we were pulling out to come back home. An asshole moved in on the right (French Canadian) and put a shed basically right against my trailer spot in the summer when we weren't there. Had to walk sideways to get all the way around my trailer. He was actually having beer parties under my bedroom slide before we had a discussion about his lack of manners.

Quebecers can be assholes from time to time.

I've had a few excersions in RV's, both rented.

One when i was a late 20's. My parents had this idea to go around europe. We were looking for to going...

BAM! I threw a wrench into their plans with another Ear surgery and since i couldn't get cleared by insurance in time to leave. We came up with a plan to go Rving Around the Neberska and the western States, was supposed to head east but we changed plans first night.

Nice experience and really helped us grew a little closer. My Brothers and me are very close in age (36. 34,33 in November) so doing this at a very young age. Kinda helped.

We rented one this weekend and went Up Island to a place in Nanaimo, 2 hours away, Quiet and extremely relaxing.

My parents are now Planning on buying my Uncle's, dads brother, 1995 Jayco 32 foot with a slide because "his camping days are over" and buying a truck, dads, for hauling because Santa Fe's , Family/Moms car, can haul shit.

Picking it up in Montana either Next year or when the boarder opens.

Reaction score
Bookie
$2,504.00
I've been getting notifications through email and text about a lot of power outages at The Glades RV Resort. So since we'll be heading that way soon I figured it was time to invest in an inverter generator. We had a few power outages when we were there last winter also. I have a regular construction type generator here at home but it's very loud and I've read that it can damage your electronics.

I'm googling trying to decide which of 2 generators on amazon.com I'm going to buy and I come across a link from tractor supply. Open frame inverter generator, bigger than the ones I'm looking at, and $200 cheaper. Champion Open Frame Inverter Generator 4500 watts/3650 starting watts. $499. 63 Dba,

Reserved it over the net, drove 45 miles to go get it.

We broke it in today. 5 hours plugged into the Montana, had 3 tv's going and all the lights on, would run the microwave for a while, run the ac for a while, run the other ac for awhile, run the generator on economy setting and off economy setting. This was according to the manual's break in procedure. Run the rpm's up and down to seat the rings.
It ran like a champ.

Now all I have to do is change the oil and test start it again and ready to go. I plan on leaving it in my 16 ft utility trailer where I keep my golf cart. Power goes out I just run my cable through the side door and start it up.

It doesn't take long for it to get hot in an rv in south Florida when the power goes out.