Camping/RV

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 5,797.00
Show your rv's, campsites, talk about your adventures.
We don't camp often here at home since I can basically walk out my patio door and see stuff as nice as any campground around here, deer right outside the back yard.
Here's my rv at my Florida spot:

1599338708716.png

Wow, pretty blurry picture. I changed my yearly site to the one left of this just as we were pulling out to come back home. An asshole moved in on the right (French Canadian) and put a shed basically right against my trailer spot in the summer when we weren't there. Had to walk sideways to get all the way around my trailer. He was actually having beer parties under my bedroom slide before we had a discussion about his lack of manners.

Here's a pic of the biggest gator I've seen there, swimming right up the street from my site in the Caloosahatchee River:

20200217_170725 (2).jpg

We camp all summer. Usually w my wife’s family. Went to 3 different places this year. Fish, kayak, swim, shoot guns, ride dirt bikes etc...my kids love it.

We camp all summer. Usually w my wife’s family. Went to 3 different places this year. Fish, kayak, swim, shoot guns, ride dirt bikes etc...my kids love it.
What I love about where we are, The Glades RV Resort and Marina, is there's a sheriff's gun range open to the public about 2 miles away. Open to the public 3 days a week. Here at home I've got a steel target set up at 150 yards to shoot my ar's, and a couple of steels I put up in my back yard to shoot my pistols.
Golf course on site at The Glades too, that's another reason I chose it.

Hadn't done the kayak deal, seen people do it down there but I'd feel like gator food.

Show your rv's, campsites, talk about your adventures.
We don't camp often here at home since I can basically walk out my patio door and see stuff as nice as any campground around here, deer right outside the back yard.
Here's my rv at my Florida spot:

View attachment 2315

Wow, pretty blurry picture. I changed my yearly site to the one left of this just as we were pulling out to come back home. An asshole moved in on the right (French Canadian) and put a shed basically right against my trailer spot in the summer when we weren't there. Had to walk sideways to get all the way around my trailer. He was actually having beer parties under my bedroom slide before we had a discussion about his lack of manners.

Quebecers can be assholes from time to time.

I've had a few excersions in RV's, both rented.

One when i was a late 20's. My parents had this idea to go around europe. We were looking for to going...

BAM! I threw a wrench into their plans with another Ear surgery and since i couldn't get cleared by insurance in time to leave. We came up with a plan to go Rving Around the Neberska and the western States, was supposed to head east but we changed plans first night.

Nice experience and really helped us grew a little closer. My Brothers and me are very close in age (36. 34,33 in November) so doing this at a very young age. Kinda helped.

We rented one this weekend and went Up Island to a place in Nanaimo, 2 hours away, Quiet and extremely relaxing.

My parents are now Planning on buying my Uncle's, dads brother, 1995 Jayco 32 foot with a slide because "his camping days are over" and buying a truck, dads, for hauling because Santa Fe's , Family/Moms car, can haul shit.

Picking it up in Montana either Next year or when the boarder opens.

I've been getting notifications through email and text about a lot of power outages at The Glades RV Resort. So since we'll be heading that way soon I figured it was time to invest in an inverter generator. We had a few power outages when we were there last winter also. I have a regular construction type generator here at home but it's very loud and I've read that it can damage your electronics.

I'm googling trying to decide which of 2 generators on amazon.com I'm going to buy and I come across a link from tractor supply. Open frame inverter generator, bigger than the ones I'm looking at, and $200 cheaper. Champion Open Frame Inverter Generator 4500 watts/3650 starting watts. $499. 63 Dba,

Reserved it over the net, drove 45 miles to go get it.

We broke it in today. 5 hours plugged into the Montana, had 3 tv's going and all the lights on, would run the microwave for a while, run the ac for a while, run the other ac for awhile, run the generator on economy setting and off economy setting. This was according to the manual's break in procedure. Run the rpm's up and down to seat the rings.
It ran like a champ.

Now all I have to do is change the oil and test start it again and ready to go. I plan on leaving it in my 16 ft utility trailer where I keep my golf cart. Power goes out I just run my cable through the side door and start it up.

It doesn't take long for it to get hot in an rv in south Florida when the power goes out.

Got the oil changed in the generator.

Bought a 43 inch tv to put in the basement storage to replace my 32 inch outside tv.

Portable water softener supposed to be here tomorrow to make the florida well water manageable.

Spending a lot of money for a broke guy but I think I've got all we need to leave now. Sometime after Nov. 16.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Just made all my campground reservations for our trip down to The Glades.
Dec 4, Clarksville TN
Dec 5, Cartersville GA
Dec 6 Lake City FL
Dec 7th arrive at The Glades RV Resort and set up for the winter.

We've had to put off leaving because we're waiting for my wife's new glasses, she had to get cataracts removed and needed a new prescription anyway.

Stay in Cartersville Saturday night so we can get up early and go through Atlanta Sunday morning. I hate going through Atlanta.

Been working on Mom's diesel pusher, 2007 Monaco Camelot 42pdq. 400 hp Cummins so she could sell it. Dad bought it with 40,000 miles on it, then lost his eyesight not too long after, then died about a year ago. Someone broke in the shop and stole all the batteries out of it so I replaced those. Then I noticed a little spotty mold inside, Dad had left a window open on it. Wife scrubbed all that clean and vacuumed it out. It's gorgeous and my wife is in love with it. I've got most everything taken care of on it but have ran out of time since we're going to Florida Friday.

I told Mom I can't get it finished up before I leave and she said she wasn't going to mess with selling it in the winter anyway. Also said we could probably make a deal on it when we get back from Florida.

Here's pics of an identical one, except the one in these pics doesn't have an exterior tv and Mom's does.

1606693896407.png

1606693946004.png

I’ve been looking to get a newer Motorhome any input on a Bounder?

It’s a good looking unit
A
I finally got it started, it was hard to start after sitting all winter. Once it started though it ran great and no problems starting it after that. Haven't got the generator started yet, probably work on that today.
Refrigerator checks out.

Turned on the water pump long enough to pressurize the plumbing and didn't find any leaks.
Still have to check out hydronic heating system which is furnace and also domestic hot water. Runs off diesel or electric. Have to buy boiler fluid for it, couldn't see any in the overflow tank.

Tires are 10 years old, need replaced even though they look new. That's 4 grand worth of tires. She said she'll pay for that and an oil change and tranny service.

Let the motor run long enough to air up, put it in travel mode so it lifted up higher. The air bags seem to be holding, didn't hear any leaks.
Put the slides out and awning out so we can clean it up more inside and plan placement on our Florida lot.

When everything checks out looks like I'll be putting the dually and 5th wheel up for sale. I want the pusher and wife really wants it. Wife also wants to buy another Colorado (we had one before a 2015) to pull behind it.

It's got 3 sharp aquos tv's in it. 2 inside, 1 outside. While they were top notch in their day I'll replace them with flat screen smart tv's for streaming. Also going to add my 43" smart tv to the living room, put it across from one of the couches so that will make 4 tv's.

I finally got it started, it was hard to start after sitting all winter. Once it started though it ran great and no problems starting it after that. Haven't got the generator started yet, probably work on that today.
Refrigerator checks out.

Turned on the water pump long enough to pressurize the plumbing and didn't find any leaks.
Still have to check out hydronic heating system which is furnace and also domestic hot water. Runs off diesel or electric. Have to buy boiler fluid for it, couldn't see any in the overflow tank.

Tires are 10 years old, need replaced even though they look new. That's 4 grand worth of tires. She said she'll pay for that and an oil change and tranny service.

Let the motor run long enough to air up, put it in travel mode so it lifted up higher. The air bags seem to be holding, didn't hear any leaks.
Put the slides out and awning out so we can clean it up more inside and plan placement on our Florida lot.

When everything checks out looks like I'll be putting the dually and 5th wheel up for sale. I want the pusher and wife really wants it. Wife also wants to buy another Colorado (we had one before a 2015) to pull behind it.

It's got 3 sharp aquos tv's in it. 2 inside, 1 outside. While they were top notch in their day I'll replace them with flat screen smart tv's for streaming. Also going to add my 43" smart tv to the living room, put it across from one of the couches so that will make 4 tv's.
sounds like its in really good shape.

Dually and 5th wheel were sold about 3 weeks ago.

Got the Monaco up to the house where I can hook up water. I had to back it up the road and go into my driveway from the north thanks to Frontier's fucking phone pedestal. Fuck Frontier, nobody has a landline phone out here and they don't even offer dsl here anymore. I ought to accidentally run over their pedestal with the tractor.

No leaks.
Put bleach in the water tank and filled it, then ran some through the lines. Waiting for it to empty now so I can fill it again. It takes 100 gallons of water a while to drain.
Turned on Hydro Hot diesel burner water heater/furnace, fired right up, heated the water and turned off. Haven't tried electric element side yet.

Can't test the sanicon sewer pump yet, not enough sewer water in the tanks to use it. So I have to test it and the washer dryer. I've given up on the generator, I'll let the shop fix it when I go in for engine and tranny service, they advertise as an onan dealer and repair center.

Had torrential rains the last few days and no leaks. That helped clean it up some but it's seriously filthy, hoping to wash it tomorrow. Maybe I'll start a load of laundry in it while I'm washing it and see how that goes. Then there will be enough water in the gray tank to dump with the sanicon.

Wife has been going out there and loading it up with stuff from the 5th wheel and cleaning the inside. She's happy as a clam. Every time she walks by to get another arm full of stuff to take out there she either says I can't believe how much prettier it is in the light or I just can't believe how much room and storage we have in there.