Ceramic coating/detailing

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Has anyone paid to get their vehicle the full package?

I'm talking clean, claybar, paint treatment, and a ceramic coat.

I got it priced today and they said $750 for my Tacoma.

Seem about right?

Seem about right?
Doesn't seem worth it

No idea. I doubt I'd pay that though.

And no offence, especially on a truck.

Reactions: Me
you might be right, a ceramic might be a little much for it.

what's a step below a ceramic coating? maybe get a paint correction and a good wax job?

Good enough for Queen Liz, good enough for me.

Seem about right?

I just got the last of the supplies ready to put one on myself. Hopefully will do it over Thanksgiving weekend. Wash, chemical decon, clay bar, 2 stage paint correction, prep, and two layers of graphene ceramic coating.

Good enough for Queen Liz, good enough for me.

Waxes are fine short term, but usually only have a few months of durability (even less in the summer in south alabama). A professional ceramic coating will last 2- 5 years or even more depending on environment and upkeep.

Reactions: ill
Waxes are fine short term, but usually only have a few months of durability (even less in the summer in south alabama). A professional ceramic coating will last 2- 5 years or even more depending on environment and upkeep.

Costs a lot more and most cars aren't worth it.

I'm AOK waxing my babies once or twice a year. It's pleasurable and the wax I use is very easy to apply. Dries quickly and buffs off with very little dust.

Costs a lot more and most cars aren't worth it.

I'm AOK waxing my babies once or twice a year. It's pleasurable and the wax I use is very easy to apply. Dries quickly and buffs off with very little dust.

You can buy a temporary spray ceramic that lasts longer, protects better, has more gloss, and is easier to apply than a cream style carnauba wax for $15.

A carnauba wax may last you Canadians 6 or 12 months but in the heat of the summer in south alabama that shit won't last but a few weeks.

You can buy a temporary spray ceramic that lasts longer, protects better, has more gloss, and is easier to apply than a cream style carnauba wax for $15.

A carnauba wax may last you Canadians 6 or 12 months but in the heat of the summer in south alabama that shit won't last but a few weeks.

Whatever you say.

The lustre Auto Glym High Definition wax puts on my E63 is superb and long lasting.

Whatever you say.

The lustre Auto Glym High Definition wax puts on my E63 is superb and long lasting.

As I said....a 180 degree melting temperature wax may be fine for you Canadians but I drive a black car that routinely sees triple digit temperatures in open sunlight for entire days. That shit would be lucky to make it an entire month and wouldn't perform as well as a sio2 based ceramic in that month. Do some research. Paint protection has come a long way in the last 5 years

Also black. We get hot days in summer where live. Smoking hot. But I park under cover.

It's the winter I worry about more.

My paint stands up wonderfully. Like a mirror.

you make me glad I don't live where you do.

Seem about right?

When I bought my wife’s Lexus, they tried to sell it to me for $800. I told them no, later after the deal was done the salesman told me that they put the package on all the Lexus vehicles, so mine already had it.

he's trying to rip on me

No Way What GIF by Jumanji: The Next Level

Finally done with all the prep work for my coating. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can finally finish. :dance: