Cherry Tomato plants still producing but have slowed.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
Literally gotten hundreds this season out of the 3.
Lots of give aways people making salsa and salads and shit.

Lots of water.

That's all I planted.
Who else

Literally gotten hundreds this season out of the 3.
Lots of give aways people making salsa and salads and shit.

Lots of water.

That's all I planted.
Who else

I didn't plant anything this year. I did last year and it was a pain in the ass. Not enough bees near me so anything that needs pollination by way of bees is shit out of luck. No cucumbers!

Grew some tomatoes and hot peppers. Bell peppers didn't do worth a shit....

I'm better at shopping for vegetables. A lot easier I find.

I planted 2 and I am still getting more out of them. They get a good amount of sun and I water almost every day.

I've given up trying to grow big tomatoes.
I find the peelings hard to pass ifin' you know what I'm meanin'.....

They seem a lot tougher than store bought tomatoes.

pooping GIF

Roughly 30 pepper and 30 tomato plants. A half dozen cucumber plants for pickles that essentially failed. Four watermelons and a pumpkin plant mainly just for weed control. Two tomatillos for salsa Verde. Asparagus and chives as perennials.

30 tomato plants and some peppers. Not enough time since I also grow fruit commercially. Keeps me too busy

Planted a big boy and a better boy from Bonnie.

Got 2 plants full of ribbed tomatoes. They weren't very good.

Wife cut them down a few days ago.

also have green beans, eggplant, Thai chillies.

My zucchini crop failed this year. So did the Carolina Reapers and Habaneros. I may have planted them too soon after I fertilized the plant beds.

My cucumbers waited for a hot spell to flourish, so better late than never. Instead of 20 I'm getting 6.

My cherry tomatoes are ridiculous. I bet I'll get 700 at least. I picked over 150 yesterday and didn't make s dent.

Beefsteaks coming along nicely, the regular sized tomatoes as well. Only a few have ripened so far but they are on my deck on wheels so I can move them under cover if it rains.

And my other crop is doing extremely well. Never gets wet, 12 hours of pitch black dark daily, expecting bountiful harvest in a month.

20170814_165932 (1).jpg20170814_170049 (3).jpg

also have green beans, eggplant, Thai chillies.

My zucchini crop failed this year. So did the Carolina Reapers and Habaneros. I may have planted them too soon after I fertilized the plant beds.

I find chinning difficult as my plants never synchronise the flowers so there aren't any female flowers when there are male flowers. Tried keeping a mail flower in the fridge in a baggie and then manually diddling the female flower but that didn't work either.

My cucumbers waited for a hot spell to flourish, so better late than never. Instead of 20 I'm getting 6.

My cherry tomatoes are ridiculous. I bet I'll get 700 at least. I picked over 150 yesterday and didn't make s dent.

Beefsteaks coming along nicely, the regular sized tomatoes as well. Only a few have ripened so far but they are on my deck on wheels so I can move them under cover if it rains.

And my other crop is doing extremely well. Never gets wet, 12 hours of pitch black dark daily, expecting bountiful harvest in a month.

View attachment 447View attachment 448
I dont smoke ganja anymore, but i gotta say, those are some damn fine-lookin' plants

I planted my cherry tomatoes and everything else late. My San Marzanos are just coming out now, the cherry tomatoes are about bursting, I have something called “slicer tomatoes” which will be coming soon, and I’m not sure if they will bear fruit but I have a couple of tomatillo plants.

View attachment 447View attachment 448
Nice buds forming. Broad leaves, must be a Indica strain?

Last edited:
I find chinning difficult as my plants never synchronise the flowers so there aren't any female flowers when there are male flowers. Tried keeping a mail flower in the fridge in a baggie and then manually diddling the female flower but that didn't work either.
Same thing with my cucumbers last year. I would peel the petals off the male flower and manually pollinate the female. It works but who has time to keep doing that shit? That's the Bee's job! Lazy no showing sumsabitches!

Nice buds forming. Broad leaves, must be a Indica strain?
Black Domina, indica.

That's an old picture, much better now. I'm painting the house but I'll take a picture later. Massive buds.

My Dad is an avid gardener and his passion is tomatoes and peppers. He even goes to Hatch, New Mexico every few years for the Chile Festival.

Funny story, not only do the rabbits gorge themselves on his extremely hot chillies (probably trying to rid themselves of parasites?) but he rotated his garden last year and the cucumbers that came up where the chillies had been growing were super hot! Anyone had anything like that happen before?

Not hot, but if I don't keep my cucumbers adequately watered they go bitter and are only good for bread and butter pickles.

Very heavy buds, branches bending under weight. Nearing end of life...

Attachments

• heavy.jpg
    heavy.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5