Congrats to the Mets for signing another Bobby Bonilla contract...

Correa to the Twins.

Lolmets.
I'm wondering if they offered the same 6 year deal to the Mets. If there are health issues I could totally see not wanting to go 12 years without any team out. 6 years is probably the best for all parties. Correa still makes more than enough money and the team isn't hamstrung for over a decade like Prince Fielder Jr did.

Third time's the charm, baby.
Correa better hope so. If THREE teams walk away from you for a physical, enjoy year to year deals the rest of your career.

I'm wondering if they offered the same 6 year deal to the Mets. If there are health issues I could totally see not wanting to go 12 years without any team out. 6 years is probably the best for all parties. Correa still makes more than enough money and the team isn't hamstrung for over a decade like Prince Fielder Jr did.
Cohen's leaking that they think they're going to sign Manny Machado next year so they didn't need to pay Correa suddenly.

interesting.....

13y - 350 mil with Giants - 26.92 mil per year
12y - 315 mil with Mets - 26.25 mil per year
6y - 200 mil with Twins - 33.33 mil per year

Cohen's leaking that they think they're going to sign Manny Machado next year so they didn't need to pay Correa suddenly.
sounds like a tampering case waiting to happen if they do get Machado next year.

interesting.....

Well he's going to be worth a lot more for the next six years than the following six.

interesting.....

That's how these contracts work. Players take a "discount" now knowing that they're getting money they wouldn't get at 40 years old if they were free agents.

Correa sim league owners everywhere are probably pretty excited today that their current shortstop isn't going to become their new third baseman.