COVID Murdered My Music Festival and Stole My Lunch Money

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Rock USA Festival Declares Bankruptcy After Inability to Refund Tickets

I paid $89 for a general admission 3-day pass to see all these [types of] bands live [each year] in my own back yard:

2020_poster_lg.jpg

Now the festival coordinators are bankrupt because of the cancelled 2020 festivals, I may never get any of my money back and I'm probably never going to have music festivals like this this close or this cheap again in my life.

mad the rock GIF

angry will ferrell GIF
COVID.

Meh....I wouldn’t have even paid $8.99 to see that....even if I were still in my 20’s or 30’s.

Sorry, dude...hope you’re still able to get some type of refund or at least a comp for a future show.
Of course you wouldn't...you're an old hippie with an old hippie taste in music. 😋 I'm in my 40's and that lineup caters to people in their 30's & 40's - the demographic that will pay. Slipknot, Chevelle and Avatar are three of my favorite bands. And $89 for an entire 3-day music festival is a good deal.

Of course you wouldn't...you're an old hippie with an old hippie taste in music. 😋 I'm in my 40's and that lineup caters to people in their 30's & 40's - the demographic that will pay. Slipknot, Chevelle and Avatar are three of my favorite bands. And $89 for an entire 3-day music festival is a good deal.
Yeah, that's not a bad deal at all. Original woodstock was 24 dollars for all three days:

1603282564729.png

Yeah, that's not a bad deal at all. Original woodstock was 24 dollars for all three days:

View attachment 7581
And in 1969, the average price of a new car was $3,400. Using that as a basis of inflation, the price of a Woodstock ticket now would be about $179. ...And even that is pretty cheap considering Rage against the Machine is selling their general admission pit tickets for their Wisconsin stop at $190/ticket. ...I got to see 40+ bands for less than half the price I'd have to spend to see two bands if I go to the Rage show.

And in 1969, the average price of a new car was $3,400. Using that as a basis of inflation, the price of a Woodstock ticket now would be about $179. ...And even that is pretty cheap considering Rage against the Machine is selling their general admission pit tickets for their Wisconsin stop at $190/ticket. ...I got to see 40+ bands for less than half the price I'd have to spend to see two bands if I go to the Rage show.
I wonder how much impact Covid is going to have on live shows in the future? Lots of artists are moving towards just live-streaming, which can have an unlimited viewership, no travel costs, and tickets can be less expensive due to the high volume

I wonder how much impact Covid is going to have on live shows in the future? Lots of artists are moving towards just live-streaming, which can have an unlimited viewership, no travel costs, and tickets can be less expensive due to the high volume
That's a good question. I'm sure we'll see more bands stream concerts more often for extra funds and reach folks who can't attend shows. That said, live music brings a whole other level of energy to both the band and the crowds and both sides would much rather have their shows be live.

I imagine livestreaming will be a new touring supplement moving forward.

Halestorm!?

Man, I wish I could find thousands of posts on the lead singer...

I paid $89 for a general admission 3-day pass to see all these [types of] bands live [each year] in my own back yard:

2020_poster_lg.jpg

Now the festival coordinators are bankrupt because of the cancelled 2020 festivals, I may never get any of my money back and I'm probably never going to have music festivals like this this close or this cheap again in my life.

mad the rock GIF

angry will ferrell GIF
COVID.
meh

steel panther maybe

ice cube

chevelle

rob zombie

that id see

Halestorm!?

Man, I wish I could find thousands of posts on the lead singer...
Yeah, that dude at the old Hoop was crazy-stalker-obsessed. If I'm remembering correctly, @HammerDown said he had to lock that dude's account and report his posting history to authorities.

2020_poster_lg.jpg

mad the rock GIF

angry will ferrell GIF
COVID.
Top Gun II was supposed to be released on my birthday this year. That would have been the most glorious day in the history of history, but COVID ruint it.

FUCK YOU, COVID!

Yeah, that dude at the old Hoop was crazy-stalker-obsessed. If I'm remembering correctly, @HammerDown said he had to lock that dude's account and report his posting history to authorities.
I had floor tix for Rage and Beastie Boys one time.

MikeD fell off his bike and broke his collar bone.

No show. And the venue doesn't even exist now.

The Silverdome could afford refunds at the time though.

View attachment 7581
I've saved all the ticket stubs for concerts I've been to (at least, when there were still actual tickets). Seeing how the prices have skyrocketed sucks dicks.

I saw Steve Miller Band for $5.

Top Gun II was supposed to be released on my birthday this year. That would have been the most glorious day in the history of history, but COVID ruint it.

FUCK YOU, COVID!
IMG_7723.GIF

meh

steel panther maybe

ice cube

chevelle

rob zombie

that id see
I was intrigued by the Cube show... not only what and how he would perform, but also how the crowd would respond to him in the midst of a hard rock festival in central Wisconsin.

Those are the pros.

The con is that a live-streamed concert is pretty gay.

I had floor tix for Rage and Beastie Boys one time.

MikeD fell off his bike and broke his collar bone.

No show. And the venue doesn't even exist now.

The Silverdome could afford refunds at the time though.
Aw man, Rage and Beastie Boys would've been one hell of a show to attend too.

tina fey hug GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

live music brings a whole other level of energy to both the band and the crowds and both sides would much rather have their shows be live.

Those are the pros.

The con is that a live-streamed concert is pretty gay.
Yeah, I get that they're very different. But I can imagine some artists will really miss the live crowds, while some others will just get used to the streaming thing because it's easier.

I've never really been a fan of live shows. Agoraphobia and introversion.

Aw man, Rage and Beastie Boys would've been one hell of a show to attend too.

tina fey hug GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Pearl Jam was playin my county fair till Ticketmaster ate their collective souls.

90's were a bitch like that.

*64 isn't old at all (at least not for me) .....also, ex-hippie would be more accurate...and my taste in music nowadays ranges to all genres and eras though I do prefer stuff from the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's...and some from the 90's & 00's.

*I'll be 65 next month....and still won't be old....lol

:beer2: