Cross-country drive

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
alright, so my cousin, whose wife and kid live in Sacramento, is finishing up a rotation as a dentist in Barrow, AK.

So his plan is fly back to NJ, buy a new vehicle (either a Tacoma or a Corolla) and drive cross-country.

he asked if I would be interested in coming along in April, I said it's likely.

would be going the southern route starting in Williamsburg, VA then going Nashville, OK City, Albuquerque, Vegas, and finally SacTown.

I'm not a fan of Vegas so suggested let's visit family in LA instead and then take the PCH up to Sacramento.

has anyone done this trip?

alright, so my cousin, whose wife and kid live in Sacramento, is finishing up a rotation as a dentist in Barrow, AK.

So his plan is fly back to NJ, buy a new vehicle (either a Tacoma or a Corolla) and drive cross-country.

would be going the southern route starting in Williamsburg, VA then going Nashville, OK City, Albuquerque, Vegas, and finally SacTown.

I'm not a fan of Vegas so suggested let's visit family in LA instead and then take the PCH up to Sacramento.

I-40 is best if you're going to LA. If not, from VA, I would take I-64 to STL for I-70 to KC to I-29 to I-80. Alternately, you could take I-70 to Denver then go up to I-80. You could visit the rec weed shops in COL.

I-40 is best if you're going to LA. If not, from VA, I would take I-64 to STL for I-70 to KC to I-29 to I-80. Alternately, you could take I-70 to Denver then go up to I-80. You could visit the rec weed shops in COL.
No weed for me. I'm more interested in hitting breweries along the way.

He wants to avoid big snow storm a through the drive. I wouldn't mind changing the route to go through Kansas though...we will see

I have driven several times from CT/NH to AL/FL and once from Fayetteville, NC to Seattle. The best advice I can give is to slow down and enjoy the ride. Pick a couple of bucket list stops and spend a few days there. It is hard to really enjoy something when you are exhausted from being cramped up in a vehicle.

No weed for me. I'm more interested in hitting breweries along the way.

He wants to avoid big snow storm a through the drive. I wouldn't mind changing the route to go through Kansas though...we will see
Are you trying to scope out my retirement places if I ever earn enough $?

When I finally pack in work, I had it in my mind to drive across Canada to Montreal for the Canadian GP.

But my son can't drive and I have nobody to share travel time with.

Plan B was the train but extremely pricey.

Leaving the make-believe girlfriend home alone?

Tiger Woods Lol GIF by NBC

hahaha

welp, cross country drive cancelled.

cousin decided to fly back to CA and ship a POD so he could spend more time on the east coast with family and friends.