Denis Villeneuve's last 4 films vs Christopher Nolan's last 4 films

Whose last 4 movies are better?

• Christopher Nolan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Saw this on twitter and at first reading it thought of course Christopher Nolan. But then I looked at it and man, Villaneuve's last 4 really stand up to Nolan's last 4 and as a collective might be better. I haven't seen Dune Part 2 yet though.

Interstellar > Arrival > Blade Runner 2049 > Dune Part One > Oppenheimer > Tenet > Dunkirk

I have zero idea who these people are. And normally I would try to find out but its always been my policy not to research for a mercy plorst

Easily Denis.

I’d have Dunkirk third. Oppenheimer was a very, very boring three hours. With zero new insight for anyone who likes boring history.

Saw this on twitter and at first reading it thought of course Christopher Nolan. But then I looked at it and man, Villaneuve's last 4 really stand up to Nolan's last 4 and as a collective might be better. I haven't seen Dune Part 2 yet though.

Interstellar > Arrival > Blade Runner 2049 > Dune Part One > Oppenheimer > Tenet > Dunkirk

Dune is better than Oppy?
EDIT: And blade49 even better???

Hard disagree

Dune is better than Oppy?
EDIT: And blade49 even better???

Hard disagree
Other than the Irishman, have you ever seen a longer more boring movie than Oppy?

Other than the Irishman, have you ever seen a longer more boring movie than Oppy?
Bro. Unfair. Don’t mention that Turd, the Irishman. It gets me all convoluted and I can’t continue the argument. Unfair.

200w.gif

Bro. Unfair. Don’t mention that Turd, the Irishman. It gets me all convoluted and I can’t continue the argument. Unfair.
Oppy was one of the rare ones I couldn’t handle finishing in one sitting.

Made The Deer Hunter seem exciting.

Oppy was one of the rare ones I couldn’t handle finishing in one sitting.

Made The Deer Hunter seem exciting.
Like I said in the other thread, Scorsese has the highest highs and then some damned stinkers. Fucking Irishman, etc

Both are great filmmakers that deliver must-see movies.

Without exception, all of those films are overrated and many are boring. Dunkirk was like watching paint dry and Interstellar had me wishing everyone was swallowed in the black hole.

Nolan’s total body of work is superior, but it’s not from his recent 4. And I’m sorry, but again- Dune is just one of those stories that’s not adaptable; this version will be only slightly less forgettable than the Lynch / DeLaurentis version from the 80s.