Detaching ourselves from material things

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 977.00
It's a fundamental teaching of so many belief systems, that material things don't lead to happiness but anxiety.

You can find it in the Sermon on the Mount and it's a key principle of most Eastern religion.

Is there wisdom in this?

The pursuit of material possessions certainly can lead to an unhappy life. The "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality.

Obviously, there are material things in this life that can leave us satisfied but when you have the need to change in your car every year for the new model or are always making sure your bff doesn't have a better phone than you....

you will never find happiness.

The pursuit of material possessions certainly can lead to an unhappy life. The "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality.

Obviously, there are material things in this life that can leave us satisfied but when you have the need to change in your car every year for the new model or are always making sure your bff doesn't have a better phone than you....

you will never find happiness.

The pursuit itself is what can provide happiness. Once the goal is attained, the next pursuit begins.

The pursuit itself is what can provide happiness. Once the goal is attained, the next pursuit begins.
That is so very true.

I've attained most of what I wanted. That should be enough. But there's always something more.

I have a great career and a loving family. It doesn't get any better than that.

Anyone a fan of the David Carradine show Kung Fu and the wisdom Master Po imparted to Grasshopper?

It's a fundamental teaching of so many belief systems, that material things don't lead to happiness but anxiety.

You can find it in the Sermon on the Mount and it's a key principle of most Eastern religion.

Is there wisdom in this?
Not 100% sure but reasonably sure that if this were parked in my driveway............I'd be happy

1963-Corvette-Coupe-RR-314.jpg

There may even be a shit eating grin.

Is there wisdom in this?
Money can't buy happiness, but it will buy you a boat big enough to pull up right alongside it :thumb:

Anyone a fan of the David Carradine show Kung Fu and the wisdom Master Po imparted to Grasshopper?
I'm a fan of Po, the Kung Fu Panda, does that count?

I'm not sure I agree with that necessarily, but experience >>> things all day, err day

'63 split window with original GM wire wheels - yeah, I'd be pretty happy too!
Correction Grasshopper, the rims on the 63 Vette are turbine style aluminum units.

I‘m not sure I’m ready to take the advice of a man whose search for wisdom ended by accidentally hanging himself whilst jerking off....

When I go to a sporting event, I have more fun sitting in the cheap seats.

/that's all I got