Detaching ourselves from material things

I wish I didn't love material things so much. I love buying stuff though. Really wish I could live in a much more spartan manner.

Then I could buy some really fun stuff! :biggrin:

We didn't have shit, but man we ate good and were happy all the time!

Same man. We killed our own meat, grew and canned our own fruit and veggies, and never went hungry. I didn't have my first pair or Nikes until I saved up and bought them myself.

As for the happy part, that's a tricky subject. Happy most of the time, yes.

Stuff is good ... I know this ad is 8 years old, but it is badass and I want this car!!! Handles Michigan Roads

(Turn the Volume to 11)

All the necessary wisdom of material things can be learned from "The Bear Necessities" is the Jungle Book.

I shouldn't have built this big house when I was 30. Now I'll feel cramped with a downsize. I don't want a small boat either for the same reason. These big things are a PITA and need constant attention.

All the necessary wisdom of material things can be learned from "The Bear Necessities" is the Jungle Book.

I shouldn't have built this big house when I was 30. Now I'll feel cramped with a downsize. I don't want a small boat either for the same reason. These big things are a PITA and need constant attention.

Material things are like ice cream cones. Have them too long and all you have is a big mess.

Some have experienced profound ego death when tripping on psychedelic drugs or other chemicals. It’s extremely interesting.
It was dmt that did it for me. Interesting is an interesting choice of words I'd say almost pure bliss. I may do it one more time just for the amazing visuals.

It was dmt that did it for me. Interesting is an interesting choice of words I'd say almost pure bliss. I may do it one more time just for the amazing visuals.
I know a guy who experienced profound ego death on a breakthrough dose of DMT. No shit, he started describing the trip to me and it took six hours. His was largely positive but he said he saw things he wished he could "unknow."

I know a guy who experienced profound ego death on a breakthrough dose of DMT. No shit, he started describing the trip to me and it took six hours. His was largely positive but he said he saw things he wished he could "unknow."
What's funny about that 6 hour story, and that is about right lmao, it is only a 20 minute or so ride. I've not had a bad experience but there were some things I wish I could squeegee from my 3rd eye too.

Not 100% sure but reasonably sure that if this were parked in my driveway............I'd be happy

1963-Corvette-Coupe-RR-314.jpg

There may even be a shit eating grin.
I prefer the 58, but you can't go wrong either way.

Pursuing those material things is part of life's journey. Life is a quest, not just a journey. If you have no goal, there is no reason to arise. The thing that one must understand is that we leave this life exactly the same way we entered it, with nothing.

During our lives we either take a good road or a bad road every time the clock clicks forward. Some of us take on burdens or drop them. Some of them we can never rid ourselves from. We have to move forward or or become immersed in the moment that becomes a lifetime of misery.

Some of us will do things that we can never erase and must carry with us forever. It's putting those things in a box and tucking them in a secure corner of the mind that allows us to enjoy what we have today and not allow those things to interfere.

For some of us, those monsters under the bed or in the closet have never gone away. Having a 9MM under the pillow doesn't keep the bogeymen away.

Some have experienced profound ego death when tripping on psychedelic drugs or other chemicals. It’s extremely interesting.
Broad has a friend who got into psychedelics after moving to Colorado (see: pot!!!), does not stop talking about it. Like ever. "It totally like makes you feel like a God. Like so centered. I mean like, you feel like a God. So powerful....for 15 minutes"

By complete coincidence, her brain has been completely fucking fried in terms of ANYTHING else. Before getting into this shit (which she does routinely...which everyone knows you're not supposed to do...), she was pretty intelligent and level-headed. Now, when she's not telling you how awesome Ayauaska and DMT is, she just goes off on insane tangents about the World and how she has all the answers. College educated, but can't hold a job because no one wants to deal with her. Shit literally changes your entire brain chemistry.

Shit literally changes your entire brain chemistry.
And for some reason, it tends to be either in a really good way or in a really bad way.

I can't imagine many people have spent more time reading trip reports on bluelight.org than me and I see patterns in the trip reports that are undeniable. I've seen people suffer permanent, unrecoverable psychotic breaks on their first psychedelic trip and other times you'll have a hopeless opiate addict completely cured after one ibogaine trip.

Fascinating stuff!

And for some reason, it tends to be either in a really good way or in a really bad way.

I can't imagine many people have spent more time reading trip reports on bluelight.org than me and I see patterns in the trip reports that are undeniable. I've seen people suffer permanent, unrecoverable psychotic breaks on their first psychedelic trip and other times you'll have a hopeless opiate addict completely cured after one ibogaine trip.

Fascinating stuff!
I have not done any of the "new" psychedelics but this sounds amazingly like the discussions surrounding LSD in the early to mid 60s.

I have not done any of the "new" psychedelics but this sounds amazingly like the discussions surrounding LSD in the early to mid 60s.
LSD tends to be very organic, positive and predictable compared to some of the gnarly research chemicals like DMT that can rip your soul apart.

LSD tends to be very organic, positive and predictable compared to some of the gnarly research chemicals like DMT that can rip your soul apart.

The reports of bad trips in the 60s and the efficacy of addiction treatment is what I was referring to. Also, the warning of not dropping too often. Got to let the psyche heal before trashing it again.

The reports of bad trips in the 60s and the efficacy of addiction treatment is what I was referring to. Also, the warning of not dropping too often. Got to let the psyche heal before trashing it again.
You seen any of the documentaries about research programs the government had back then trying to figure out how to unleash drugs during war? They subjected people to some hellish trips. Nazi type stuff.