Detailing Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Any of you fhegs like to detail yourn vroom vrooms?

I've always loved putting the old headphones in and getting my clean on.

My current lineup involves...

Chemical Guys Blacklight shampoo
PS Brake Buster wheel and tire cleaner
Chemical Guys VRP as a tire dressing
TurtleWax Hybrid Solutions ceramic spray wax
TurtleWax black ceramic acrylic spray wax as a topper or maintenance wax/sealant
Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats.

Looking to buy me a dual action buffer one day soon and try out some minor paint correction type stuff. May try out one of those new semi -permanent graphene coatings.

I've given up...the kids trash everything.

clean car wash GIF

I've given up...the kids trash everything.

clean car wash GIF

Well I don't have any crotch gobblins, personally, so take this with a grain of salt....... but the next time they fuck up yourn shit go clean it up then go to their bedrooms, fucking destroy it in a similar fashion, then tell them to clean it up. Afterwards, tell them if it's OK for them to fuck up your shit and you have to clean it up, then it's OK for you to fuck up their shit and them have to clean it up.

Well I don't have any crotch gobblins, personally, so take this with a grain of salt....... but the next time they fuck up yourn shit go clean it up then go to their bedrooms, fucking destroy it in a similar fashion, then tell them to clean it up. Afterwards, tell them if it's OK for them to fuck up your shit and you have to clean it up, then it's OK for you to fuck up their shit and them have to clean it up.
Their room is already trashed, too. Little fuckers...

When I drove antiques, my thing was a perfect windshield. I'd polish them to perfection. But now, fuck it.
So, now I just wash it once a month, dry it with the leaf blower and wipe this shit on. It ain't great. It worked better when I had a black car.
1599531766141.png

I don't know the brands, but I try to wash mine every couple weeks and wax it once a month with good ole carnauba. I put a synthetic on the trim, bumpers, etc so I don't have to wax those quite as often.

Their room is already trashed, too. Little fuckers...

When I drove antiques, my thing was a perfect windshield. I'd polish them to perfection. But now, fuck it.
So, now I just wash it once a month, dry it with the leaf blower and wipe this shit on. It ain't great. It worked better when I had a black car.
View attachment 2509

I like the new ceramic sprays. They are just as easy to apply as that spray wax you posted, but they last longer and have a better gloss to them. They (most anyways) work on windshields too. Waxes/sealants have came a long way even in the last 3 or 4 years.

The ceramics are also much more hydrophobic than the traditional carnuba waxes which means less washing and less scrubbing when you actually do wash it. The only negative I have found is that they will leave water spots on your car after it rains.....especially when it's hot outside and the water evaporates fast.

I don't know the brands, but I try to wash mine every couple weeks and wax it once a month with good ole carnauba. I put a synthetic on the trim, bumpers, etc so I don't have to wax those quite as often.

Give a ceramic a try one day and see if you like it. You may be surprised how much better they are.

This turtle wax one that I've been using gets really good reviews from professionals. It is rated for like 12 months with two coats after a clay bar, but I got about 3 months. Mine is black and sits outside in the Alabama sun pretty much year round so nothing lasts much longer than that on it.

tw-us-hybrid-artwork_0003_hs-ceramic-spray-coating.jpg

Give a ceramic a try one day and see if you like it. You may be surprised how much better they are.

This turtle wax one that I've been using gets really good reviews from professionals. It is rated for like 12 months with two coats after a clay bar, but I got about 3 months. Mine is black and sits outside in the Alabama sun pretty much year round so nothing lasts much longer than that on it.

tw-us-hybrid-artwork_0003_hs-ceramic-spray-coating.jpg
Think I have the Turtle Wax - Wax and Dry

My car gets washed when it rains.

I wash my truck once a year, whether it needs it or not.

Hope that helps.

you need to make up your mind on whether you want to keep lying about having kids or not.
It depends whether Wolvy is around, or not.

my truck is due a wash and wax. I use Maguires wax and couldn't tell you the concentrate I use to wash...might be Maguires as well.

I use Eagle One for the tires/wheels

1599577187185.png

Used to fully detail the Cobra monthly with weekly washes and spray detailer. That was also a long ass time ago before marriage, kids, and vehicles that are more utility than style. My Colorado is lucky to get a wash every two months now, and essentially only once thus far this year, since I've been staying home. I'm not transporting the kids as much, so the backseat has stayed relatively clean, but I do vacuum and wipe down the surfaces once a month.

If I see a week or so without rain in the forecast, and the pollen is supposed to be low, I'd look to wash it then, but my luck is a downpour an hour later. I'm essentially down to using a wash/wax soap a few times a year and call it done.

Used to fully detail the Cobra monthly with weekly washes and spray detailer. That was also a long ass time ago before marriage, kids, and vehicles that are more utility than style. My Colorado is lucky to get a wash every two months now, and essentially only once thus far this year, since I've been staying home. I'm not transporting the kids as much, so the backseat has stayed relatively clean, but I do vacuum and wipe down the surfaces once a month.

If I see a week or so without rain in the forecast, and the pollen is supposed to be low, I'd look to wash it then, but my luck is a downpour an hour later. I'm essentially down to using a wash/wax soap a few times a year and call it done.

You need you some soap therapy in ya life brosef. Make those little shits help!

You need you some soap therapy in ya life brosef. Make those little shits help!

They're more likely to get in my way or need me to go back over spots they miss. I'll let them rinse occasionally or wash the tires (ha), but it it's a hot sunny day, I don't want the side drying.

they can wash the wife's van all they want :dhd:

Any of you fhegs like to detail yourn vroom vrooms?

I've always loved putting the old headphones in and getting my clean on.

My current lineup involves...

Chemical Guys Blacklight shampoo
PS Brake Buster wheel and tire cleaner
Chemical Guys VRP as a tire dressing
TurtleWax Hybrid Solutions ceramic spray wax
TurtleWax black ceramic acrylic spray wax as a topper or maintenance wax/sealant
Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats.

Looking to buy me a dual action buffer one day soon and try out some minor paint correction type stuff. May try out one of those new semi -permanent graphene coatings.
Chem Guys Shampoo and Clay bar
I use the porter cable buffer.
Foam cutting pad with Meguires Polish 105
Foam polishing pad with Meguires Polish 205
Foam finishing pad with Pinnacle paste wax.

Chem Guys Shampoo and Clay bar
I use the porter cable buffer.
Foam cutting pad with Meguires Polish 105
Foam polishing pad with Meguires Polish 205
Foam finishing pad with Pinnacle paste wax.

I think I'm going to give the Adams clay mitt a try next time. That shit has got to be easier than those little ass bars. I think they make clay towels now too, but I still think a mitt would be easier. I haven't gotten to use a DA buffer yet.... But hope to have one in the next month or two. I'll probably do a two stage correction and try out one of those new semi permanent graphene coatings. It doesn't look too hard to apply from YouTube videos.

I think I'm going to give the Adams clay mitt a try next time. That shit has got to be easier than those little ass bars. I think they make clay towels now too, but I still think a mitt would be easier. I haven't gotten to use a DA buffer yet.... But hope to have one in the next month or two. I'll probably do a two stage correction and try out one of those new semi permanent graphene coatings. It doesn't look too hard to apply from YouTube videos.
I haven’t detailed since I traded my mustang for the truck. I don’t care if the truck is dirty. I used to spend all day on the car. It looked like a black mirror. Then I’d drive down the street and it would look like shit again. NEVER BUY A BLACK CAR