Do NBA fans like the play-in games?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
I'll be honest, I haven't followed the NBA consistently for years. But I remember when they introduced the play-in game model and I thought it was dumb and I still think it is dumb. So the top 6 are automatic playoff spots, but 7-10 you have to play in to earn the 7th and 8th seed.

Looking at the standings over the years, this is ridiculous given that it allows teams who have well below .500 records to get into the playoffs because they had one good week of games. Last year the Pelicans got in with a 33-49 record?

IMO the play-in model doesn't deter load management games, or put more emphasis on regular season games, in fact, I see it as encouraging load management and puts less importance on the majority of the season. Because teams can go 33-49 and still have a shot to make the playoffs. As long as they have a good week against other teams middling around the 7-10 seed.

Go back to the 1-8 and you're in. But I think I've read that the league likes the play-in model and thinks it is a huge hit with the fans. Is that true?

I think it's dumb. I get why they did it for the shortened season, but now it's to talk about shitty teams the national media wants in there.

I'm not the hugest NBA fan out there, but I don't care for it. I guess it's good in a way that gives the top teams more of an advantage, somehow, but I'm not even sure if that's true

It's gives the 8th seed pre play in an opportunity to avoid the 1 seed....

I like it.

But I’ve yet to age into the old, angry white guy who hates everything. Which is important in these type of discussions.

I like it.

But I’ve yet to age into the old, angry white guy who hates everything. Which is important in these type of discussions.
I don't hate it ...it's better than the nfl adding another wc team