Do we have any licensed plumbers?

fordman84

Administrator
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 95,570.00
I doubt if we do they are licensed in Texas, but I think I'm getting bad info from the guy I called out. First I didn't like he charged me $150 to "find a gas leak" when I showed him where it was and had done the tiny amount of digging to expose the connection. He soaped it up and said "yeah, that's the leak". Then told me he could cap that line (it only feeds the pool heater) for another hours labor at $150. :L

My question is if there is a leak that is technically above ground, does he really have to replace the entire line all the way back to the meter? Quoted me $2500 to dig and bury a new line. It is only capped right now because we are having other yard work done in a few months and I intend to ask that contractor if they can have their plumber do it. Seems like a giant waste to me, I could just disconnect the line above ground at a downstream union, remove the old pipe and even connector, and replumb it with new above ground line and make it all air-tight. Unless there is a rule against "repairing" existing gas lines.

I doubt if we do they are licensed in Texas, but I think I'm getting bad info from the guy I called out. First I didn't like he charged me $150 to "find a gas leak" when I showed him where it was and had done the tiny amount of digging to expose the connection. He soaped it up and said "yeah, that's the leak". Then told me he could cap that line (it only feeds the pool heater) for another hours labor at $150. :facepalm:

My question is if there is a leak that is technically above ground, does he really have to replace the entire line all the way back to the meter? Quoted me $2500 to dig and bury a new line. It is only capped right now because we are having other yard work done in a few months and I intend to ask that contractor if they can have their plumber do it. Seems like a giant waste to me, I could just disconnect the line above ground at a downstream union, remove the old pipe and even connector, and replumb it with new above ground line and make it all air-tight. Unless there is a rule against "repairing" existing gas lines.
How old is the line? Could be that the old line was not done to current standards, and that is why he wont just repair the leak.

I doubt if we do they are licensed in Texas, but I think I'm getting bad info from the guy I called out. First I didn't like he charged me $150 to "find a gas leak" when I showed him where it was and had done the tiny amount of digging to expose the connection. He soaped it up and said "yeah, that's the leak". Then told me he could cap that line (it only feeds the pool heater) for another hours labor at $150. :facepalm:

The guy is trying to play you for a sucker. Call somebody else.

Going through this kind of bullshit with septic lines now. About to say fuck it and run a line to the street.
Does your municipality charge for the sewer usage? If so, it may be cheaper in the long run to just get the septic tank fixed. My county is one of the highest in the country. My sewer bill has been as high as $300.00 for a month

Does your municipality charge for the sewer usage? If so, it may be cheaper in the long run to just get the septic tank fixed. My county is one of the highest in the country. My sewer bill has been as high as $300.00 for a month
I'm in the boonies. No sewer system outchea

wtf? Really?