Don't Mess With (Weatherford College) Texas!

You guys know this game was played before Astroturf, right? :wink:

There's an easy/simple answer for the "win-at-all-cost" second baseman question, the great Eddie Stanky.

Really second base used to be a pretty common spot for that type of player.

could add Robin Ventura...he at least tried.

1650557710746.png

Name me another 2B off the top of your head that threw a legit punch in a game.

I offered up Eddie Stanky's name for this exercise before but it just occurred to me yesterday that there was another fellow that played in the Big Apple at the same time as Stanky (although he was really more Jackie's contemporary) who would also be an excellent choice at 2B for a team like this. I'm embarrassed I didn't think of him before when I mentioned Stanky.

1651509784498.png

Billy would be pissed that I forgot about him so I will just say that I am sorry and also, fuck that punk ass marshmallow salesman :wink: :laugh:

I'd put Lenny Randle in at least a platoon spot at second base.

Punched his own manager for benching him. In Spring Training!

You'll notice he did not pull that shit during the years that he spent playing for Billy though, he waited until he was gone. I think he probably has to sit on the bench behind Billy for precisely that reason :wink: :laugh:

You'll notice he did not pull that shit during the years that he spent playing for Billy though, he waited until he was gone. I think he probably has to sit on the bench behind Billy for precisely that reason :wink: :laugh:
Yes.

And no.

On my team, Billy ain't playing second base.

Cause he's the manager!