Down 3. Go for 2?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 25,000.00
31-22. 11.5 minutes left in the game.
You score a TD.
It’s now 31-28.
Why not go for two?

Cause an extra point makes it where a field goal wins it?
An FG wins it if you succeed on the 2pt conversion too. And a FG ties it if you fail.

So one side of the argument is that you can win if you kick the xpt, get a stop, and go down the field and only get a FG and you would have lost in overtime if you only tied it otherwise.

the other side of the argument is that if you succeed in the 2pt conversion, you are still within one score in case the other team makes a TD

An FG wins it if you succeed on the 2pt conversion too. And a FG ties it if you fail.

So one side of the argument is that you can win if you kick the xpt, get a stop, and go down the field and only get a FG and you would have lost in overtime if you only tied it otherwise.

the other side of the argument is that if you succeed in the 2pt conversion, you are still within one score in case the other team makes a TD
That's some pretty pessimistic thinking. Not many coaches are gonna play for "what's the best option for when the other teams goes and scores a touchdown"

I think it’s retarded going for 2 when it’s 31-20.

Miss the 2 point and you can only tie with a field goal. Make the XP and the FG could win it. Pretty basic logic.

Also....I’m pretty sure I know the game you speak on. 1) screw you :gaah:And 2) noneof this matters when the opponent goes right down against your turnstile D and scores a game sealing TD lol

Miss the 2 point and you can only tie with a field goal. Make the XP and the FG could win it. Pretty basic logic.

Also....I’m pretty sure I know the game you speak on. 1) screw you :gaah:And 2) noneof this matters when the opponent goes right down against your turnstile D and scores a game sealing TD lol
That’s exactly when it matters, dummy

So same logic as going for two when you are down 14 and score a TD?

Those are not equivalent
Well no, not EXACTLY the same. But similar. I assume the analytics show that you increase your chances of winning slightly if you go for two. If that's not the case then it absolutely is stupid to go for two.

If you're gonna do this stuff, you might as well go for two all the time.

That's some pretty pessimistic thinking. Not many coaches are gonna play for "what's the best option for when the other teams goes and scores a touchdown"
You're clearly not a Falcons fan .... I'm going fir every 4th down under 8 yards , going for 2 every time and kicking an onside kick after every score ....

But thats just me... lol

( i wish I was kidding)