Movie Dune: Part 1 (2021)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Dune is a reboot of the groundbreaking 1965 science fiction novel of the same title by Frank Herbert which has already had 2 adaptations: as a 1984 film directed by David Lynch and as a 2000 miniseries on the Sci-Fi (now Syfy) channel. The reboot is directed by Denis Villeneuve and has an impressive cast, which now stands at:

- Timothee Chalamet as Paul Atreides
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides
- Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar
- Zendaya as Chani
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries
- Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh
- Stephen Henderson as Thufir Hawat

The reboot is currently slated for a Christmas season release on Friday, December 18, 2020.

We need to move the image over here too

1*0xzgTHkKmheHd0PzZHp6Dw.jpeg

I just watched the trailer and it looks awesome.

I damn near came my jeans

Hopefully this version does the book justice. It looks really promising.

I never understood any of that shit. Time keeps getting more pussified, not Mad Maxified.

I haven't been this excited about a movie in at least two years.
Same. Nothing but a bunch of shit coming out. And then finally, this.

I thought the Sy Fy miniseries was really good, though obviously low budget. Too bad they never got to God Emporer.

Just don't make it anything like that monstrous failure from the mid 80s.

I can't wait.

Same. Nothing but a bunch of shit coming out. And then finally, this.

I thought the Sy Fy miniseries was really good, though obviously low budget. Too bad they never got to God Emporer.

Just don't make it anything like that monstrous failure from the mid 80s.

I can't wait.
There's no excuse for not doing this right finally.

There's no excuse for not doing this right finally.
I would have to read it all again to be sure, but from what I remember I thought SyFy series did a much better job than the movie. But still difficult to encapsulate the book in the time allotted. And then they never finished the story, but at least stopped at a reasonable place.

I have high hopes. I understand it will be multiple movies, so maybe we get a good telling this time.

Got the wife hyped about this movie. She insisted on watching the '84 movie to refresh her memory of the story. :facepalm:

Laughed at the overacting and campy graphic effects of the time. Had to spend way too much of the movie explaining what was really happening that the movie just couldn't make clear.

Got the wife hyped about this movie. She insisted on watching the '84 movie to refresh her memory of the story. :facepalm:

Laughed at the overacting and campy graphic effects of the time. Had to spend way too much of the movie explaining what was really happening that the movie just couldn't make clear.

That was the problem with the 84 version. It wasn't that they distorted story. It more or less followed the first book. Except the ending which was different but not really as different as some people claim.

But they relied way too much on some opening exposition and zipped around the story with barely any coherence.

Now delayed by covid a year, rescheduled from Friday, December 18, 2020 to Friday, October 1, 2021.

Imax poster 1:

TSTR21d.jpg

Doing homage to Brain Damage. Might be worth seeing just to hear that again at theatres volume.

Main trailer: