Movie Dune: Part 1 (2021)

No. Haven’t read the book(s) but I like movies that stand on their own. In this I guess the sets were good but the movie was a bore to me.

Box office agrees with me. First weekend, $41 mill, 2nd - $13 mill, -62%; 3rd weekend - $6 million, -51%. So the movie didn’t have legs; most tended to hate it. I suppose you had to have read the book(s) to get into it for any enjoyment. Glad you liked it. I used a 48 hour free HBO tryout to see it.
Didn’t it win 6 academy awards?

I haven’t read the books but I know the story. The story that influenced so many great movies.

Okay, the 4K Dolby Atmos release finally dropped from $19.99 to $7.99 on iTunes and I got it. Wish I could have seen this at a theater but I’ll make sure to see Part II when I’m in California next year.

Reactions: ill
Just finally watched this yesterday. I allowed the anticipation to build to a crescendo and it got to where this is the first thing I was thinking about in the morning. (yes, I'm weird)

Watched it on an iPhone 13 Pro Max in a recliner in a dark room with Bose headphones.

As high as my expectations were, they were exceeded.

Two disappointments: it drug a little when they got to the desert and I felt like Harkonnen could have been much more grotesque instead of just fat and weird.

I'm blown away by how easy it was to follow the story. I feel like anyone who has no concept of the book or original movie would be able to watch this the first time and completely understand what was going on. I'm guessing this was a byproduct of them doing it in two parts.

I'll watch Part II in a theater. Only a year+ to go.

Just finally watched this yesterday. I allowed the anticipation to build to a crescendo and it got to where this is the first thing I was thinking about in the morning. (yes, I'm weird)

Watched it on an iPhone 13 Pro Max in a recliner in a dark room with Bose headphones.

As high as my expectations were, they were exceeded.

Two disappointments: it drug a little when they got to the desert and I felt like Harkonnen could have been much more grotesque instead of just fat and weird.

I'm blown away by how easy it was to follow the story. I feel like anyone who has no concept of the book or original movie would be able to watch this the first time and completely understand what was going on. I'm guessing this was a byproduct of them doing it in two parts.

I'll watch Part II in a theater. Only a year+ to go.
good to hear you enjoyed it.

I should rewatch it but I am for sure looking forward to part 2. It's gonna be good.

I was a bit disappointed not seeing the Emperor or any Third Stage Guild Navigators. Hopefully they'll be in part 2.

I didn't understand that either. Where was the Emperor?

Manipulating events from the background, but he'll make his debut in the second film! ;)

You gotta watch the next one on a big screen. The full impact of the visuals of this series on a big screen is amazing.