EA College Football vs the world

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
Apparently lawsuits are once again threatening the release of the greatest game series in modern gaming. EA College football is scheduled to come out in July of 2024, but there is a push to stop it thanks to people complaining about players getting paid. EA should just make every player the same generic look and all the same stats, let the consumer just customize the rosters.

We just need this game to get released. I still play NCAA 14, so if this game can just get released I should be good for another 10 years. EA says they are moving forward regardless of the lawsuits and complaints, but we will see. Again, just release the game as I desperately need a new one after 10 years.

Apparently lawsuits are once again threatening the release of the greatest game series in modern gaming. EA College football is scheduled to come out in July of 2024, but there is a push to stop it thanks to people complaining about players getting paid. EA should just make every player the same generic look and all the same stats, let the consumer just customize the rosters.

We just need this game to get released. I still play NCAA 14, so if this game can just get released I should be good for another 10 years. EA says they are moving forward regardless of the lawsuits and complaints, but we will see. Again, just release the game as I desperately need a new one after 10 years.
About players not getting paid you mean?

Blame the NCAA. They fought letting players make money until the bitter end, until it had to be forced and they had no plan for it. You don't see issues like this with other sports games because they're licensed through the leagues AND player associations, which college athletes don't have. So of course there's going to be issues when they tell players they're giving them $500 for their likeness.

EA will make 100s of millions on the game, more than enough profit to pay players, factor in they can afford to pay schools for their images in the game and always did, and it was more along the lines of $50,000 than $500. But then factor in while it's going to be a lot of profit that they can afford to spread around, they don't need it. It's a niche title that has a cult fan base, it's no Madden or Star Wars Jedi game, or Battlefield.

I used to love the NCAA series too, but god damn, who really cares... The NCAA just needs to get shit sorted out in general, should be the headline here, not we might not be able to take Fresno State to 3 national championships because players aren't happy with EA exploiting them for $500.