ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25 (Updated on 2/13)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 13,726.00
Link

ACC:
1. Florida State (15th nationally)
2. NC State (18th nationally)
3. Clemson (19th nationally)
4. Louisville (21st nationally)
5. Miami FL (24th nationally)
6. SMU (Just Missed)

Big 12:
1. Utah (10th nationally)
2. Arizona (11th nationally)
3. Oklahoma State (17th nationally)
4. Kansas State (20th nationally)
5. Kansas (22nd nationally)
6. West Virginia (Just Missed)

Big Ten:
1. Ohio State (2nd nationally)
2. Oregon (3rd nationally)
3. Penn State (8th nationally)
4. Michigan (13th nationally)
5. USC (Just Missed)
6. Washington (Just Missed)
7. Iowa (Just Missed)
8. Wisconsin (Just Missed)

SEC:
1. Georgia (1st nationally)
2. Texas (4th nationally)
3. Ole Miss (6th nationally)
4. Missouri (7th nationally)
5. Alabama (9th nationally)
6. LSU (12th nationally)
7. Oklahoma (14th nationally)
8. Tennessee (16th nationally)
9. Kentucky (23rd nationally)
10. Texas A&M (25th nationally)

Independents/G5:
1. Notre Dame (5th nationally)
2. Boise State (Just Missed)
3. Air Force (Just Missed)
4. Liberty (Just Missed)

Projected Playoff Field:

1) Georgia - Projected SEC Champion
2) Ohio State - Projected Big Ten Champion
3) Utah - Projected Big 12 Champion
4) Florida State - Projected ACC Champion

5) Oregon - At Large #1
6) Texas - At Large #2
7) Notre Dame - At Large #3
8) Ole Miss - At Large #4
9) Missouri - At Large #5
10) Penn State - At Large #6
11) Alabama - At Large #7
12) Boise State- Projected MWC Champion

Notable week 1 games:

#8 Penn State at WVU
#5 Notre Dame at #25 Texas A&M
Florida at #24 Miami
#1 Georgia vs. #19 Clemson
USC vs. #12 LSU - Sunday
Boston College at #15 FSU - Monday

That CFP would be amazing. Lot of fireworks.

Hopefully, there aren't a lot of regular season rematches. That always takes away a little of the anticipation. At least with this scenario, Ole Miss doesn't play Missouri and Bama and UT don't play during the regular season next year. ND vs. PSU would be awesome. Haven't played since 2007, I believe. Used to be a great game in the 80's/early 90's.

Hopefully, there aren't a lot of regular season rematches. That always takes away a little of the anticipation. At least with this scenario, Ole Miss doesn't play Missouri and Bama and UT don't play during the regular season next year. ND vs. PSU would be awesome. Haven't played since 2007, I believe. Used to be a great game in the 80's/early 90's.
I think that Boise/Oregon game could be really interesting, especially if Malachi Nelson can hit the ground running for BSU. Those SEC matchups would be great and ND/PSU is well overdue. 06/07 where they exchanged massive blowout wins. Is Riley Leonard going to be fully healthy for the opener?

I think that Boise/Oregon game could be really interesting, especially if Malachi Nelson can hit the ground running for BSU. Those SEC matchups would be great and ND/PSU is well overdue. 06/07 where they exchanged massive blowout wins. Is Riley Leonard going to be fully healthy for the opener?

He should be. Should only be out until late March or so. But he will most likely miss spring ball, which stinks. That ND/A&M season opener certainly provides some intrigue.

He should be. Should only be out until late March or so. But he will most likely miss spring ball, which stinks. That ND/A&M season opener certainly provides some intrigue.
The game being at A&M is going to be really fun to see. Elko is a huge step up from Jimbo, but I still think ND takes it fairly easily. Wegman is their starter and he's mediocre, and they still just have so many question marks with all the player turnover to be facing a team as good as ND week 1. If Riley is 100% I could see them taking that by 10-14 points, even on the road.

The game being at A&M is going to be really fun to see. Elko is a huge step up from Jimbo, but I still think ND takes it fairly easily. Wegman is their starter and he's mediocre, and they still just have so many question marks with all the player turnover to be facing a team as good as ND week 1. If Riley is 100% I could see them taking that by 10-14 points, even on the road.

My guess is the spread will only be like 3.5/4.5 so winning by that much would be pretty good. I have my reservations. These are the types of games we typically lose.

My guess is the spread will only be like 3.5/4.5 so winning by that much would be pretty good. I have my reservations. These are the types of games we typically lose.
Oh of course, I would guess A&M will be ranked to start the year somewhere around 23-25, with ND being anywhere from 7-13th. A&M being at home will keep the spread down, but I love what Leonard can do when he's healthy.

Projected Playoff Field:

5) Oregon - At Large #1
6) Texas - At Large #2

Is still 6-6 going forward not 5-7
Alabama out Boise at 11 Liberty at 12

Is still 6-6 going forward not 5-7
Alabama out Boise at 11 Liberty at 12

That will be fixed before the season starts. I'll put 5,000 vbucks on it.

So, UGA@TX is most likely going to be 1vs2 in October.

Next year is going to be a really weird season of college football. Lost of huge names gone, lots of reshuffling of conferences, lots of schedule changes and the entire playoff system is new.

)

Projected Playoff Field:

5) Oregon - At Large #1
6) Texas - At Large #2
Nah. Texas going to crush UGA in Austin and go undefeated

13th sounds about right. Too many question marks on offense though I like the skill positions+Loveland. Not too worried about the defense, they still return a lot of experience on the DL and in the secondary. I'm expecting around 9 wins, maybe 10 if the OL/QB play is good enough.

13th sounds about right. Too many question marks on offense though I like the skill positions+Loveland. Not too worried about the defense, they still return a lot of experience on the DL and in the secondary. I'm expecting around 9 wins, maybe 10 if the OL/QB play is good enough.

My initial thought was 13 seems too low. Defense is still loaded and the offense has weapons (even with the question marks). I'd still have Michigan in the top 10.

As for the schedule breakdown, here's how I see it:

Tier 1: Texas, Oregon, at Ohio State

Tier 2: USC, at Washington

Tier 3: Fresno State, Arkansas State, Minnesota, at Illinois, Michigan State, at Indiana, Northwestern

Michigan should win all of the tier 3 games. They'll be favored in the tier 2 games but those could be trip them up. The tier 1 games will all be tough but winnable. O/U is set at 9.5 for Michigan and I think that's legit.

My initial thought was 13 seems too low. Defense is still loaded and the offense has weapons (even with the question marks). I'd still have Michigan in the top 10.

As for the schedule breakdown, here's how I see it:

Tier 1: Texas, Oregon, at Ohio State

Tier 2: USC, at Washington

Tier 3: Fresno State, Arkansas State, Minnesota, at Illinois, Michigan State, at Indiana, Northwestern

Michigan should win all of the tier 3 games. They'll be favored in the tier 2 games but those could be trip them up. The tier 1 games will all be tough but winnable. O/U is set at 9.5 for Michigan and I think that's legit.

The good thing about 3 of those 5 tier 1/2 games is they're at home, and the T2 teams are also breaking in new QBs. Oregon and OSU are breaking in new QBs, but they're established players.

I could see Fresno State being annoying. It's early and Tedford's FSU teams have been pretty good.