Far Cry 5

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 876.00
I'm about 8 hours into it. This is the first of the series I've played.

Any game that lets me fish and slaughter cultists with pipe bombs gets my nod of approval.

Never played any of the Far Cry, but 5 did look cool. FarCry 6 is about to come out and it looks cool as well, but idk. Can't bring myself to pay $60+ on video games any more. I will certainly get the new College Football game though lol.

Xbox actually had some pretty sweet deals last week, with some titles being up to 80% off. I actually believe FarCry 5 was listed for like $8, but I still couldn't do it lol. Never know when I am going to need that space on my hard drive.

I heard No Man's Sky is a cool concept, but really poorly executed, but I've never played that either.

Never played any of the Far Cry, but 5 did look cool. FarCry 6 is about to come out and it looks cool as well, but idk. Can't bring myself to pay $60+ on video games any more. I will certainly get the new College Football game though lol.

Xbox actually had some pretty sweet deals last week, with some titles being up to 80% off. I actually believe FarCry 5 was listed for like $8, but I still couldn't do it lol. Never know when I am going to need that space on my hard drive.

I heard No Man's Sky is a cool concept, but really poorly executed, but I've never played that either.
Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 were all great games. Open world first person with a lot of RPG elements and solid storylines, sidequests & easter eggs/collections to keep the gameplay interesting and fun.

One added bonus for me is that I prefer games that allow cooperative play with my wife and Far Cry allows a buddy to drop into your game. Far Cry takes it a step further in that you actually need to be tactical with your partner - it's not just run & gun all the time. I've completed Far Cry twice per game because we can complete the game when I'm host, then we complete the game again when she's host.

Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 were all great games. Open world first person with a lot of RPG elements and solid storylines, sidequests & easter eggs/collections to keep the gameplay interesting and fun.
That as well as the historical places/landmarks is what made Fallout so great as well. Plus the post apocalyptic setting is cool.
One added bonus for me is that I prefer games that allow cooperative play with my wife and Far Cry allows a buddy to drop into your game. Far Cry takes it a step further in that you actually need to be tactical with your partner - it's not just run & gun all the time. I've completed Far Cry twice per game because we can complete the game when I'm host, then we complete the game again when she's host.
I always thought I wanted Fallout to be cooperative, but then I heard that is kind of what 76 was and heard it was awful, so Idk. Still like the idea of it though.

Is FarCry set in a normal world? Or is it post apocalyptic as well?

That as well as the historical places/landmarks is what made Fallout so great as well. Plus the post apocalyptic setting is cool.

I always thought I wanted Fallout to be cooperative, but then I heard that is kind of what 76 was and heard it was awful, so Idk. Still like the idea of it though.

Is FarCry set in a normal world? Or is it post apocalyptic as well?
Not really post-apocalyptic in that radiation or zombies are a concern, but lawlessness and Fallout-like "raiders" are prevalent. Each game has different real-world-like environments. 5 is set in remote Montana.

Fallout 76 has come a long way. I didn't touch the game until a few months ago when it was on sale for dirt cheep and figured "hell, we pay more for a fast food cheeseburger than this; let's give it a try". It's the only game my wife and I have played since and is actually really enjoyable if you've got a partner to play with regularly. The game is buggy, but a lot of the bugs are amusing - like a standard Bethesda game. The biggest downside to 76 is it does outright crash rather often, but most of the time you can pick right up where you left off.